Clear all

How long have you been playing ?

38 Posts
33 Users
0 Likes
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

So, lol that is exactly my question... How long have you been playing ? What has been your best moment ? Anecdotes and stuff :D.

Well I started playing 2 februarys ago so its a year and 8 months.

Its been great, Im playing like I never thought I would.

I dont have any things to tell on my mind but yeah go ahead :D.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, let's see ... I started playing at 13, played for about 10-11 years until my guitar at the time went into the pawn shop and I never saw her again. Then I married an egotistic guitar player that didn't want his wife getting attention that he believed he should be receiving. So, I put it down for over 20 years. Then my sister died, having just bought a Lucero Classical guitar, which I inherited. I found Guitar Noise in 2003 (but didn't join the forum until a year later) and started in again with David's wonderful lessons and have been playing again for a little over 6 years now. So, if you total all that up, I've played for a non-consecutive 17+ years. So far.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I started in 1974, as a teenager. I didn't play a lot whilst my kids were small but got back into it quite seriously in 1998, when i started playing classical.

Greatest moment? Stepping on stage at the Aklam Hall in West London, a stage once graced by the late great Joe Strummer, but watch this space cos my diary now has a paid gig as a solo guitarist in it for November.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

That's exactly how long I've been at it. I think it's great if I understand correctly that you've played in public. :wink:

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I started in 1983. Wow, it's been awhile! :o

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

3 years and 3 months.
so i have a lot of catching up to do :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

That's exactly how long I've been at it. I think it's great if I understand correctly that you've played in public. :wink:
Yep :D, its awesome, every week I am better than the next, and I will just keep on getting better 8).

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i started when i was 12, and i'm 29, so 17 years.

ReplyQuote
(@faultythinking)
Eminent Member

I "played" bass for about 4 weeks, leading up to a gig, back in 1995.
I've been learning/playing guitar since August 2008 - so 13 months so far!

FT
I think I can rock and roll
Probably just twisting...

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Lessee . . . got my first guitar in 1965 when I was 8, and haven't stopped yet, so 44 years so far.

Got paid the first time for a gig when I was 13, so I've been a semi-pro performer for 39 years.

. . . and in reference to my sig line, I was hooked when I got smooched by Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn at my uncle's gig.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Since 1977? I think ......... So 32 years maybe. :?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Lessee . . . got my first guitar in 1965 when I was 8, and haven't stopped yet, so 44 years so far.

Got paid the first time for a gig when I was 13, so I've been a semi-pro performer for 39 years.

. . . and in reference to my sig line, I was hooked when I got smooched by Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn at my uncle's gig.

Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn.. :P wow ? xD sorry I have never heard of them, still I bet they were good looking ^^.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I began in 1965. after a summer of lessons I ran into a friend that played drums. we made great noises together.
in 1966 we had a band and played our junior high school dance. it was the best feeling.
I think I have been very fortunate being able to play with others right from the go. I still do. mainly jamming.
at age forty two I bought my first really nice guitar. a late 80's Fender Strat Plus. I love this guitar. before that guitar I suffered through many hand me downs and inexpensive acoustics.
my first guitar was nice tho. it was a 60's Fender Mustang. when I went to college and turned into a flower child hippie, I sold it for a twelve string acoustic. I painted a sun and rainbow on it. :oops:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn.. :P wow ? xD sorry I have never heard of them, still I bet they were good looking ^^.

That happened in the summer of 1962, Right before Ms. Lynn released her first hit record, and 9 months before Ms. Cline was killed in a plane crash. I'd just turned 5 years old :)

Loretta Lynn

Patsy Cline

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

About 5 1/2 - 6 years now give or take, there were a few periods of 4-6 months where I didn't touch the guitar because of work/travel, but I always feel I should be better than I am but oh well I can't do anything about that except practice more.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3