Clear all

How many guitars do you own?

78 Posts
56 Users
0 Likes
13.6 K Views
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

We would have poo turf by default but my dad refuses to let it die... we can't go on holiday for more than three weeks because "if it goes cold in the night that grass will be bloody dead when we get back, anything more than a week and you're treading water anyway". He's a gardening nut, and anything that gets in the way of his gardening can go kip, but I get my lefti-ness from him so the lawn thing is a small price to pay. :)

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I am a righty by nature but many many years ago just for the heck of it I picked up my buddies left handed bass and tried it left handed. I found I was actually able to pump out a few good notes so I tinkered with it for a couple of months until I noticed my guitar was going down hill since my hands did not know what to do anymore and I didn't need that since I wasn't that good on the guitar to start with. It is probably the only thing I have come close to being able to do effectively with my left hand except maybe scratching my self :lol:

It gave me a lot of respect for people who are ambidextrous.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

I don't know if respect is quite the right word - ambidexterous people aren't righties who have slaved away at a lefty-written novel or a left-handed guitar for years, it's something they get naturally. "Jammy, lucky git" might be a more appropriate phrase. ;)

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I don't know if respect is quite the right word - ambidexterous people aren't righties who have slaved away at a lefty-written novel or a left-handed guitar for years, it's something they get naturally. "Jammy, lucky git" might be a more appropriate phrase. ;)

Yup, I think you are right. Luck just didn't seem to fit when I wrote the post.

I do remember something else I can do with my left hand that I had to learn after I hurt my right leg and arm in a motorcycle accident. "Open a beer with my left hand". Till the day I die I will be happy I acquired that skill since now I don't have to put down the food to open a beer. :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

If I ever broke/lost any of my left limbs/digits I'd be royally boned, as I'm probably the most stubborn lefty you're ever likely to meet. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@gizzy)
Estimable Member

:) I have 4 guitars, Funny always looking in music stores.

I have a Gibson Les Paul Classic, Epiphone G-1275 Doubleneck just like the one Jimmy Page used flame top cherry red, Ibanez PF Acoustic 12 string, and a old Martin Acoustic 6 string, I use a Marshall MG100DFX Amp and have a Crybaby Wah Pedal, :D

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I currently own 6 guitars. A Lucero classical, a Fender steel string acoustic, a Paracho classical half size, a Dean acoustic steel string half size, a Daisy Rock Retro H 12-string electric and a Washburn 6-string electric. Mostly I play the Fender, the Retro H and the Washburn.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@jmb-d)
Estimable Member

I have 2 basses:

• Yamaha RBX 160
  • Rickenbacker 4003
  • both in natural finish, as I'm a wood freak.

Oh, I've also got a galvanized bucket bass that gnease made during the Riverside Jam 2002, but my son Gil (age 2.5) plays that more than I do. 8)

My wife, on the other hand, has lotsa guitars:

• Yamaha CPX-15 Acoustic/Electric
  • Ibanez AX-220QM electric
  • Yamaha APX-T1 travel-sized acoustic/electric
  • Alvarez something-or-other steel-string acoustic
  • Martin Backpacker classical
  • Kamako ukulele circa 1950
  • James Kirby (her grandfather) classical
  • James Kirby (her grandfather) classical
  • Note: that's not a typo -- she's got 2 guitars her grandfather built in the mid-1960s after breaking his hip. It's pretty cool having nylon-strung guitars built by one of the guys who invented nylon. :D

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.
    -- Yun-Men

ReplyQuote
    (@cluemein)
    Eminent Member

I have 7 guitars. 2 boxes,1 hollowbody and the rest are soild bodies, I got a 6 string that looks like the beatle bass. It has 2 hums in it that i'm thinking of replacing with better ones, but over all my best , good action.

ReplyQuote
    (@idiot85204)
    Trusted Member

I myself have 3 guitars, 1 acoustic, 1 acoustic with a plugin, and a cheap electric.

ReplyQuote
    (@silenus)
    Eminent Member

Fro now 3

- acoustic Stagg
    - flamenco Manuel Contreras ('60) = very nice sound
    - electric Stagg (I know...but I got it from my girlfriend = love her forever)

(want to own an Gibson SG in the far furture :roll: )
    Greetz

ReplyQuote
    (@palehorse)
    Eminent Member

Now I am up to 3 with the fender strat I just bought. I have:

Alvarez Accoustic
    Suzuki Accoustic/electric
    Fender Stratocaster

For now, that seems like enough...

:P

----------------------------------------------
    Life is a snowmobile racing across the frozen tundra that suddenly flips over pinning you underneath. At night the ice weasels come...

ReplyQuote
    (@ghost-rider)
    Reputable Member

Not enough:

GAS attack: must have a Ovation DS778--with a 28 1/3 scale length; tuned one step down.

Actually 3:
    washburn, yamaha, and squire. 6, 12 and electric 6. But the real dream is big dollars away: build your own instrument:

http://www.luthiers-international.com/

~ghost~

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
     N00b
    (@n00b)

I have four, that I share with my brother. A black strat with 1 pickup, another black and white strat with two pickups, a Les Paul copy (my brothers), and an acoustic. The acoustic is a really bad one.

ReplyQuote
    (@moonrider)
    Noble Member

I'm going to have to update the list....

Lessee..... newest to oldest

Martin D-15 - "Satin"
    Madiera 6 string Acoustic - "Jewel"
    Gibson Les Paul Special Faded Double Cut - "Cherry"
    Epiphone bass - "Joni"
    Fender Mexican Strat - "Juanita"
    Washburn D-12 - "Snow"

That makes six.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
    Page 4 / 6