Clear all

How Sweet It Is!!!!

27 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

OK, so I've been playing the guitar for a bit. Our son (Mick) has been playing drums, but got burned out in school band, so took up the bass. We were playing together this afternoon and somehow convinced mama to try out the skins. Mick showed her a couple of beats and we were off and running. We played It's Only Rock 'n Roll and Honky Tonk Woman together. What a blast!!!

Friends called up wanting to go motorcycle riding to a pizza joint while we were starting on Happy, so off we go. Hopefully more later.

What a fun family activity.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

:D :D :D :D

Yes, you're a lucky man indeed.

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like a cool day to me Roy! Stones tunes and motorbikes? Hell they go together like football and beer, whether you live in the UK or the USA. Now all you need is to record the next family jam......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

That is cool! My son is a bass player .... and a darn fine one if I say so. All County Jazz Band in high school. He's 20 now, one year from legal age to be in bars. We need a drummer though. :(

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Now that's really cool Roy! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I was really impressed with her. After a while she was adding fills and mixing it up a bit. Not bad for an hour's experience. Then she did one of those fast left to right riff thingies that sounded really cool.

Another good part was that I could move from a single guitar arrangement of 'only rocknroll to a more rockin version...as it's meant to be. Nice having other instruments playing...

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Way cool! 8)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rjnix_0329)
Trusted Member

That goes beyond a family activity, that is a family experience!

Families that jam together, stay together. (I want that on a bumper sticker now).

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

That is so cool! 8)

Tell your wife SHE ROCKS! Someday I'm going to have a drum kit to mess around with. Think the guys would notice if I sold their weight bench to make some space?? :twisted:

You are a fortunate man, and the best part is, you realize it without having to wait for the perspective of time! :D

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

You are a fortunate man, and the best part is, you realize it without having to wait for the perspective of time! :D

Margaret

I thank my lucky stars every day that I didn't need to live a lifetime to "get it". You can't press re-wind.

Roy

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Congrats, bud. 8)

See, ur not has hard as you claim. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Congrats, bud. 8)

See, ur not has hard as you claim. :wink:

Yeah I am! You might know me from my gangsta name. Rash-Daddy Roy.

<sigh> Yeah, I know. Time to go to work......

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Nice to hear that the family band is working well.

Have some more in future. You can even post a gig report in 'Gigs and Jams' section.

Enjoy !

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Come on!

#4491....

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2