How to choose a guitar?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 ana
(@ana)
Topic starter  

Hi guys!

Hopefully someone can help me and tell me a bit about how you choose a guitar for yourselves - we are talking about guitars of range $5.000 and up. Where do you get the information, who do you talk to, what's important to you when chosing it? Who are the "opinion leaders" in this field? Any information comes in handy.

Bonus: what guitar do you think is the best and why?

I am researching this market and I hope you won't get mad because of that - I mean no harm and I know there are good people, willing to help and I hope you're one of them. If you feel like answering this in private or having a debate feel free to email me: [email protected]

Thanks to all of you!

(@sidneyflattle)

For that money, I'd definitely buy the Ibanez JEM7V. I like everything about it, from the acoustics to how it looks, build quality, and so on. But, when I look into a new guitar, there are several aspects I take into consideration and do seek guidance:

1. How much money am I willing to spend? This is always my starting point as I don't want to get my hopes up and see that the model I like is way out of my league.

2. I go online and literally Google what is the best guitar in my price range and compare what the sites on the first 10-15 pages offer.

3. I talk to friends and ask their input.

4. I go on forums and literally ask others what they would buy if they were in my shoes.

ReplyQuote