Notifications
Clear all

Howdy - Im new here... and...

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@fierce_teapot)
Topic starter  

Hi there! I also posted this on the slide/alternate tunings section but that may be a quiet place!

Im new here and well, for my first post I'd love it if any of you guys could help... I'd rate myself as an average guitarist - been playing for 5 years and Im self taught. I love my weird tunings (faves are BEBEBE and CGCFCE).. Anyhow..

Thom Yorke has a new solo album out now and one of the songs on it is called 'The Clock' - here is a link to a video of him playing it on acoustic:
http://live.video.rainbow-media-online.com/ifcvideos/henry_show/ThomYorkeWithTitles.swf

I have kind of worked out the tuning and a way of playing it 75% correctly - but I think I could be slightly wrong.

So far I have the tuning down as EBDGBe - and looking at his fret-hand Im playing it in the right area. Any one fancy adding info?

(@97reb)
Noble Member

Maybe he used "traditional" tuning, EADGBe. Some people still use it for "kicks".

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Fierce Teapot! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@fierce_teapot)
Topic starter  

Maybe he used "traditional" tuning, EADGBe. Some people still use it for "kicks".

lol... Nope, definately the A string is up to B... As im paranoid Im playing it all down a semi-tone with a capo on the first fret (so A is up to Bb)...

But Im wondering if maybe any other strings are changed too? Im sure some of you must have an idea!

Thanks for the welcome.

FTp

ReplyQuote