Topic starter  

Check it out if you want a chuckle.
KNEE DEEP IN THE METAL!
http://www.mixposure.com/song.php?songid=34

http://www.mixposure.com
HEAR AND BE HEARD

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

IMHO, most metal, especially Nu(how do you get the two dots above the u?) Metal, has no harmony or melody at all. It's just palm muting and screaming. I know ill get flamed for this, but i think it's true. With that said, AC/DC, Sabbath, Motley Cr(u?)e, e.t.c. DON'T apply to this. Also, if you sighned up just to promote your site and that band, please put it in the unabashed site promotion. That was cool by the way. :wink:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

There is a great deal of metal that IS melodic. However, there is as much, if not more, metal that involves screaming and heavy sounds.

That said, AC/DC are not metal... They are straight up badass ROCK. Now, Black Sabbath... they were metal in every sense of it.

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@mixposuredotcom)
Topic starter  

HAHA!

Do you really think I would promote a site with a turd like that? It's an obvious joke song but I think its a great "parody" of 80's metal.

I think that whether a metal band is melodic or has good harmonies is pretty subjective. Think of how Beatles fans thought of Black Sabbath when they came out. The word melodic probably didn't come to mind. It's all personal taste.

http://www.mixposure.com
HEAR AND BE HEARD

ReplyQuote
(@elpelotero)
Estimable Member

thats wat makes metallica so good...and led zep...or other such icons..they understand THE MUSIC. and the EXPRESSION and EMOTION...and apply it thru their guitars...plus theyre sick on theory and harmony and their ears

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

You mean like üüü ?

If you don't have a German keyboard, try alt + 129 - press the alt key, enter 129 on the numeric keyboard and the release the alt key.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@intergalactic)
Eminent Member

Are you guys forgetting the greatest heavy metal band in history Judas Priest!!!! With the best metal singer of all time Rob Halford!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I liked it. I thought that song was a lot of fun. I thought the lead singer had a good voice and liked the effect he was using. Good solo too.
8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@scrogdog)
Estimable Member

Are you guys forgetting the greatest heavy metal band in history Judas Priest!!!!

No, I'm not forgetting the greatest heavy metal band in history - Black Sabbath. It's kind of like what everyone is saying about Johnny Carson this week.

There is Black Sabbath - and then there is everything else.

IMHO, of course. :)

ReplyQuote
(@intergalactic)
Eminent Member

Black Sabbath and Judas Priest came from the same area.... and Judas Priest is better :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@evilspudboy)
Trusted Member

Read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_umlaut

Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it you play the guitar on the MTV

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

ï ĥäd ñévèr hêärđ öf ţħê ĥéävŷ mèŧäl ümläüŧ bêförè.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@m07zm4n)
Estimable Member

me neither!
very interesting story, though
:D

NO MORE THEORY!!
um...
KNOW MORE THEORY!!!!

<------>
motz
<------>

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

IMHO, most metal, especially Nu(how do you get the two dots above the u?) Metal, has no harmony or melody at all. It's just palm muting and screaming. I know ill get flamed for this, but i think it's true. With that said, AC/DC, Sabbath, Motley Cr(u?)e, e.t.c. DON'T apply to this.

Two things:
1) You cant lump new nu metal in the same catagory as 80s/late 70s metal theyr completely different, theres a lot more to old skool metal than palm muting and screaming. Its far more talented in mine and (I beleive) most poeples opinion...But yes there were a lot of copy cat bands that never went outside the most basic conventions of metal.

2) I think Metallica, Guns n Roses, Judas Preist, Van Halen and Ozzy's work with Randy Rhoads should be added to that list.

PS Black Sabbath are the greatest metal band! :twisted: They basically invented metal as we know it and because they werent trying to stick a genre that someone had done before them, they did some really different stuff that wasnt strictly metal at all.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I agree with simon, Nu Metal isnt comparable to Sabbath e.t.c(Again, I agree with simon, I just didnt want to write all the bands so i put e.t.c) I know it was a parody, but all the posts youve put are related to that site(besides the Triplet post). If I'm mistaken and you really want to improve these forums and not make it all SPAMâ„¢ed up, I am terribly appoligetic.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2