Clear all

humidifyer...can it change the sound?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@mikey007)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hi......i just picked up a humidifyer about 2 days ago...so when ever i am not using my d-10sce i put in the humidifyer. I got back from school today....played a g chord..and it sounds...umm...dull?...or its just not as bright as it was before. Is this due to the humidifyer? if not...what else could it be?

Mikey

(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

What kind of humidifier?

ReplyQuote
(@mikey007)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

a planet waves one......it fits right in between the strings and in the sound hole

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

When did you last change strings?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@mikey007)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

i just put poly's on like a week ago....but it seems to be better now.....maybe it was just my ear i guess...but one more question. SOmetimes it seems my neck is curved....and somedays straight....can this change on a guitar...without making the sounds change or anyhitng.....i guess the best way to put it is...is this possible?

Mikey

ReplyQuote
(@careyr)

Hi Mikey.

I'm not sure about the Planet Waves model you have, but my humidifier sometimes puts my guitar out of tune. The humidifer hangs from a plastic disc which is slightly larger than the sound hole. It is inserted beneath the strings over the sound hole and puts a slight upward pressure on the strings to keep it in place. If I leave it in place for longer than over-night it can stretch some of the strings out of tune.

It sounds like tuning might be your issue. I have made it a habit to tune my guitar every time I use it just to be sure it is still in tune. You might want to do the same.

Bob

That almost sounded musical. Thanks Guitar Noise!

ReplyQuote