3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Gino
(@gino)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have a problem.

I started a web site 4 days ago, and since it's fairly sparsely populated at present, I thought some free ads for tutors would be nice. Especially so if they'd link to me too. I didnt want money, BUT.......
Apparently asking if I can do a favour for myself AND someone else, is spamming!! :shock:
How do you promote yourself if no one listens?

I'm omitting any URL here, for fear that you'll all call me a spammer too! :!:

What do I do???

:?

G.

I say and write what I'm thinking, then wish I hadnt.
My only redeeming feature is that I'm honest.

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

What you might do instead of posting on forums is to do a search for "guitar tutors", then email each one individually asking if they would like to do a link exchange with you. You post their link, they post yours. The worst that could happen is that they say no or don't reply at all. The best that could happen is that you get a reciprocal link. And, you don't have to stop at tutors, go to other websites that are music related and ask them about a link exchange. Most forums are not going to allow you to look for those reciprocal links through their forum. And, from past music business experience, I can tell you that most people will prefer to be asked personally and individually rather than in a "I'll take anybody I can get" atmosphere.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Gino
(@gino)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thank you for that advice. You see, I only got as far as offering one local tutor a free ad/link, and he replied with " stick your spam where the sun dont shine!"
It put me off a bit!!!!

I say and write what I'm thinking, then wish I hadnt.
My only redeeming feature is that I'm honest.

ReplyQuote