i got a new guitar!

17 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

hamer satf p90.

it's a double cut goldtop. mahogany neck and body with a maple cap and p90s. i love the tone. it's really gritty, dirty. i love p90s. it's been a few years since i've had a p90 guitar. it sounds really great through my peavey. man.
the neck's a little wider and flatter than on my strat, but it's not a big deal. it's the shorter scale 24.75, which i'm more used to from my acoustic and the les paul that i started on. plays easy. $199 shipped. nice, huh? i did have to get a 90 degree tipped cord to go along with it since it rests on the a straight-tipped chord if i'm laying down or i put it on the holder without taking out the cord, but that was only 14 bucks, so no big deal.
i can't seem to figure out how post a picture off my harddrive. oh well. here's an online pic.

(@joehempel)
Famed Member

That's a nice looking guitar! Great price too!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

That is sharp! What is the retailer that you got it from? And what is the make of the guitar? I can't see the name on the headstock.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Yeah! very nice,

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

sorry. it's a hamer satf p90. found it used from a music go round in indiana somewhere.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

way to go, Jas! I covet that one.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Sweet! I love the Hamer guitars, great instruments for the money.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Yikes! You stole that sucker! I just looked around online & see a shop selling it for over $400.00! Go back to where you got it & pony up the additional $200.00! :lol:

Seriously, that is one cool looking instrument. I had a Hamer years ago, left it go...sadly...

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very cool, congrats! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Yeah, really nice. The P-90's are different and fun! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

Looks real nice at a good price too. You'll have to give us a review after you get it and play for a bit. I've been contemplating the ideas of a solid body P-90 guitar and have been thinking about that Hamer one, the Agile AD-2300, or the Eastwood P-90 Special on the low end or some other higher end options - ESP Edwards P-90 guitars or maybe one of the used Gibson Junior reissues.

I'd really like to hear your impressions and in particular I'd like to hear about the neck shape and size.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

oh, i ordered it a while back. it came in this week and i'm playing it now. it's raunchy. deep tone. i love it. at the same gain level, it sounds more distorted than my strat, and not smooth sustain-y distortion, but mean, grind-y distortion. it's cool. definitely a different sound. plus it has all the fret access in the world. it's a glued neck and it has a really small heel. it doesn't even curve towards the heel until the 17th fret, and with the double cut i can wrap my thumb around and really lay into the top fret without any problems.

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member

nice guitar! I used to have a SATF with the Duncan Designed humbuckers. It was a nice guitar, although I couldn't get into it for some reason. i think the fretboard wasn't for me. Anyways, Dali has it now...or had it. who knows

congrats!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

It is a nice guitar, I have one with humbuckers and I love mine. Well, I bought the one with the bells and whistles, I paid $429 but it was worth it. I've seen reviews where some people say it has to be a photo top but I hope not cause I thought for an extra $230 it should be a real finish. I mean, likely a veneer but real wood, not a picture of wood. I believe that is the basic difference, the top and all the pearl and bindings, otherwise the same guitar. I even thought about the plain ones but at the time I had cash burning a hole in my pocket and I wanted a flashy axe.

I have this one ... WOW! They are $100 more now :shock: $529

Enjoy it!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2