Skip to content
I have got to stop ...

Notifications
Clear all

I have got to stop taking my wife to the music store!

27 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Every time she goes with me I walk out with a guitar.

I just went in for a couple of sets of strings, and to see if they had a hardshell case for my Strat on sale.

SHE grabs Dave the guitar tech, and starts browsing through the guitars. . .

First she's by the used equipment and points out an SG '61 re-issue in pristine shape that's hanging on the wall. "Ooh that's PRETTY. How much is it?" ($1600) "Oh, he can't afford that one."

Next she targets a 7-string Peavey Predator with a huge markdown since it's been in the store a while. "Hey check this out, it's on SALE" It was a nice guitar, but didn't connect with me. I did give Dave a giggle though. He plugged me into a Marshall MG series combo to try the guitar. The clean was dead, I hit the "overdrive" on and blurted out, "EEEEWWWW! That sounds horrible! People actually BUY these amps?" I suggested the Peavey Classic 50 across the aisle.

Finally she targeted a black and chrome Squier Telecaster - again, one that had been in the store about a year. I picked her up, and she said her name was Betty Lou and her friends called her Black Betty. I just can't resist a flashy southern girl with attitude like she has, so she went home with me.

Total haul: One black and chrome Tele (set up and tweaked to perfection - Dave put her one the bench right then), strings, Strat case, plus a pineapple shaped shaker and a set of bongos that my wife latched on to while she cruised the percussion section.

The kicker was plugging into the Hot Rod Deluxe when I got home. . .
y'all can stop looking for the Holy Grail. I found it.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

(@mhill54)
Eminent Member

wow i need a wife :) but then again lol im only 17.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

*wipes tear from eye*
Moonrider, you are a lucky man, you should be proud.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Dude ... you have no idea how I envy you . . .

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

I would kill for a wife like that......in fact... *evil grin*

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

that's one hell of a mrs

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@tahitiijack)
Eminent Member

I think I married her sister. So far my wife has bought me a Taylor Baby and Taylor K22ce and came along to help choose my Taylor NS52ce and 514ce. She is planning our Hawaiian vaction and suggested I buy a new Ovation to take along (sounds better than the Baby with ess risk of damage from baggage handlers and climate changes). She is really something special.

Happy Sunsets!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I always ask my Mrs to go in the cafe next door, "go and have a cuppa tea love, you'll only be bored...."

I get to browse that way,and maybe spend a few quid on strings.... otherwise, it'd be "What d'you need more new strings for...you've already got spares...."

"Ah, I did have spares, but I've got lots of guitars....they all need changing..."

"You only changed 'em last year...."

D'OH!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Congrats, Moonrider!

I looked at some tele's but, none of them have really reached out to me yet.

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

"You only changed 'em last year...."

Dude....be glad you have any significant other....

Poor student situation doesn't work well for a family...

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Congrats man, my wife is good about the guitar, but not that good. LOL :D Although she did let me ordet that Carvin Craig Chaquico signature custom I wanted. Is it mid July yet???? Congrats again!!!!

John M

ReplyQuote
(@rsadler)
Reputable Member

Must be nice. My wife is just the opposite. When I bought my Strat.. "You already have an electric, and an accoustic why do you need another electric"
One question about Squier, are their strings normally closer together than a regular Fender? I looked at a Squier Strat last year, and the strings were alot closer than my Fender Strat. Is that a common thing for Squier? The salesman acted like it's not usually the case.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I took my wife to the local guitar shop. Got a really good deal on her against a PRS CE24.......... 8)

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@flintstone)
Trusted Member

Well, I have to say that my wife is not so easy going when it comes to guitars. "What do you need another one for?". Which is itself a good question that has saved me from needlessly upgradeing to a guitar 10 times better than my ability. I read a quote somewhere here that said something like 'its not how many toys you have, it is what you do with them that counts'. Anyway, it makes me feel a little better after a visit to the music shop........

ReplyQuote
(@free_kossoff101)

someone submit something to http://www.freewebs.com/axeworld007 , its kinda like this site

It's the cold black night,that's eating up your.
The cold damp sweat,keeps you and sleep apart.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2