Clear all

I Have To Do This Before I Change My Mind

18 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm going to show mastery over my acoustic!

I'm going to paint the Red Hot Chili Peppers logo on it! Soon.

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Good for you! Whatever it takes to keep you inspired is a good thing!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

We are soul sisters!

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Don't forget to post pictures when you've done it. :wink:

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@saber)
Reputable Member

Hell, make it a work in progress. Paint the WHOLE THING.

"Like the coldest winter chill. Heaven beside you. Hell within." -Jerry Cantrell

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

i bought the paint today but i don't like the color. to match the headstock i bought brown. but after trying it out with a piece of brown paper on the guitar i realized i don't want a big brown thing on my guitar. so now i'm thinking a light turquoise with a white outline.

ReplyQuote
(@liveguitar515)
Eminent Member

Haha, sounds good, I was thinking of trying to put the Rolling Stones tongue on mine, call me old fashioned...

ReplyQuote
(@manitou)
Estimable Member

An old friend of mine and his band used to get together once a month and not even play, just dissasemble and paint their instruments, they always looked like arse but it seemed like a cool way to get away from the music so to speak.

SHUT UP ABOUT IRON MAIDEN SOLOS AND GO PRACTICE!
-Manitou

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

I think it's Guitar Player that has a feature called "Dan Erlewine's Mod Squad," showing some of the apprentice luthiers in Dan's shop as they work on different projects. There was one a few months back with a young lady doing some decorative painting like that. Want me to look up which issue it was? There might be some handy tips included in the article.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I've always liked turquoise. IMHO, it works really well with yellow and/or bright pink. I have a turquoise suede leather strap that I use with my pink 12-string. I've been embroidering it with pink and yellow (and a tiny bit of purple) flowers and green vines. So far it's looking pretty good, even if I do say so myself! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

wow. If you could find out what kind of paint is best that would be fabulous! i was going to use acrylic with some gloss medium i it.

and electablue: you have to post a pic of your pink guitar with the embroidered strap! is it a daisy rock?

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

wow. If you could find out what kind of paint is best that would be fabulous! i was going to use acrylic with some gloss medium i it.She used aerosol spray lacquer, over a mask of blue auto windshield tape for a stencil. (The design was drawn onto the tape with a permantnet marker, and then cut with a #11 blade.)
If you're drawing your design freehand, then the acrylic would probably work okay. Water-based acrylics are fairly easy to clean up before they dry, and pretty sturdy after they dry. AFAIK, acrylic won't attack whatever it's applied over, nor react adversely with cover coats.
Anyway, it was the August '05 GP, the first installment of "Mod Squad," if you want to get a look at what Chelsea did to her Strat.
BTW, the Guitar ReRanch hosts a Guitar Refinishing and Restoration Board, and somebody there might have some ideas about what's best for paint. You can get there from the ReRanch home page, http://www.guitarranch.com .

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

wow. If you could find out what kind of paint is best that would be fabulous! i was going to use acrylic with some gloss medium i it.

and electablue: you have to post a pic of your pink guitar with the embroidered strap! is it a daisy rock?

Yes it is and yes I will, as soon as it's finished! It's not easy embroidering suede leather! Here's my guitar, though. It's the RetroH 12-string.

In fact, the strap that I'm embroidering is attached to the blue Washburn in this pic!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Does it sound and play as good as it looks, Elektra? Love the female octave fret inlay 8)

That's a beautiful neck on the Strat, by the way - lovely markings on the maple! What species of Strat is it?

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

OMG! that Daisy Rock RULES!!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2