Clear all

I need some help.

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@audioboy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have been playing the guitar for going on 2 years and I actually took lessons for about 6 months. But now days I feel like my skills aren't getting any better and I don't know what to improve. I know you all know the feeling :P

So can anyone give me some advice on how to improve my playing skills?

(@rodders)
Noble Member

Start by telling us what level you are at first.
Its difficult to give advise if we don't know what you are able to do or not do :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Take a little break, work on something you haven't been working on.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Taking lessons again might be a good place to start. Do you play with other people too?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Start playing with others. Plus, if they happen to be better musicians and better instrumentalists who are somewhat patient and mentoring (many are), it will bring up your level of playing all the more quickly.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

keep playing. you get better at the old skills that you already know and you'll start to learn new skills. if you don't know bar charods yet learn songs with bar chords in them, for example. learn to play little fills. practice scales and learn to improvise. get better at your hammer-ons and pull offs. learn a style of music that you wouldn't normally think of learning. it's endless. just keep playing.

ReplyQuote