I need to make a quick decision

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I have my choices down to between an Epiphone LP Studio Ebony with chrome hardware and an Epiphone LP Custom with gold hardware.

Both are brand new but the custom is open box and has minor scratches that are hardly noticeable and are within $50 of each other. The custom is typically $200 more.

The visible difference between the two is that the custom has gold hardware, covered pickups, and bindings.

Best I can tell is that the custom also has better hardware and pickups.

I am just looking for thoughts on appearance and overall satisfaction.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Never mind... I waited too long and the open box custom is sold

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

Shame, Its what I would have gone for, keep looking though the right guitar is out there.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Today must be my lucky day....

That "open box" Epi LP Custom came back on the site as available this morning so I ordered it. The definition of "open box" is that the seal is broken on the box and it may have some minor cosmetic flaws but 100% playable and warrenteed. It is not a return or a clearly damaged guitar so it sounded like a good deal to me since within a week I would probably add a few myself anyway..

The real good news is, I just got notified that the "open box" was not available/discontinued so they are shipping me a closed box in it's place at the "open box" price.

To me that is damn good customer service. Should you be wondering who it is, Music123 is the company. Who by the way, I have had nothing but good experience with so far.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@gizzy)
Estimable Member

I ordered my Epiphone G-1275 doubleneck copy of Jimmy Pages Gibson, from music 123, had no Problems from them at all and guitar was in great condition when it arrived.

:D

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

This is the third I have ordered from them and had no trouble with the other two. Plus I have ordered things like tuners and electronics and they treat those orders the same as a big order.

I actually wish they carried more hardware and electronics then they do.

I made myself a promise awhile ago that I would just have 2 guitars at any given time but now I will have 3 so I am changing my rule to 3 because I like the ones I have. Now if I decide to buy another acoustic I will have to sell something and that will be difficult.

Suffering sever Gear Acquisition Syndrome

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

This is the third I have ordered from them and had no trouble with the other two. Plus I have ordered things like tuners and electronics and they treat those orders the same as a big order.

I actually wish they carried more hardware and electronics then they do.

I made myself a promise awhile ago that I would just have 2 guitars at any given time but now I will have 3 so I am changing my rule to 3 because I like the ones I have. Now if I decide to buy another acoustic I will have to sell something and that will be difficult.

Suffering sever Gear Acquisition Syndrome

I love this whole paragraph.

Kido

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I love this whole paragraph.

Kido
Is that because I am crazy or stupid :?: :lol:

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, it arrived today so I came home from work early.

So far so good. As they promised, it is brand new and was in a sealed box. All adjustments were basically good. The neck relief was dead on, the action is just right and all I have had to adjust so far was the intonation. I guess I had to do the Korea to USA conversion. Actually it was not that far off. All the hardware is pretty solid also.

Feels and sounds great..

Back to playing

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote