Skip to content
I think my tax retu...

Notifications
Clear all

I think my tax return is already speant (partially)!

21 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

prob the biggest doubleneck song played live...stairway to heaven

excellent footage of that on the led zeppelin dvd

I picked up the Jimmy Page and Robert Plante No Quarter Dvd, and during one of the songs Page plays a triple neck guitar, I believe one neck is 6 string, the other is 12 string and the other one is a mandolin, I was impressed :lol:

I'd love to get a double neck, but I'd rather get a 12 string acoustic first. I would say if you know that you want the guitar, research the quality of the guitar since you're buying off the internet, if all looks good go for it.

One thing though, you might have to custom build a case for that thing, I don't know of any doublenecked cases. Same goes for guitar stands, but that could be alot of fun.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Steve-o, thiscome with a case and all the reviews I read were great...plus Rondo has a good return policy so I really don't have anything to lose...

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

steve vai sometimes plays a triple-neck Ibanez. It has a 12 string and two six strings, as far as I could tell from the picture the only difference between the two six strings is one has a tremolo system and one is a fixed bridge. The picture is in the current Guitar World magazine.

EDIT: I googled it and found this:

This is one Ibanez' more impressive custom creations. This tripleneck actually has a purpose and can be played without being dyslexic. Notice the 12-string on top and the Edge tremolo for the middle neck. It has dual humbuckers for each neck. How cool would it be to have a 12-string JEM. This is a true beauty. Simon writes in that this guitar has an alder body and the bottom neck is fretless. The lower neck has painted white frets to visualize proper intonation.

http://www.jemsite.com/jem/model/vai_triple.htm There is a picture at this link. It is the white one about halfway down the page. The one at the top of the page is just weird.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
(@saryu)
Trusted Member

Richie Sambora used to play a double-necked electric guitar for the song "lay your hands on me". Both necks had six strings, but I think one was tuned to drop D and the other standard. He would use the drop D one for the main part of the song and the standard neck for the solo.

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Talking about Sambora... He also uses a double-neck to play Wanted Dead Or Alive, acoustic version. He plays the solo on the 6 string neck and the rest of the song on the 12. (MTV video music award in 1989)

Sambora also have a triple neck :shock:

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
(@saryu)
Trusted Member

Talking about Sambora... He also uses a double-neck to play Wanted Dead Or Alive, acoustic version. He plays the solo on the 6 string neck and the rest of the song on the 12. (MTV video music award in 1989)

Sambora also have a triple neck :shock:

He sold that guitar - I remember reading about it some time ago. He had two of them custom made for him, and one of them sold for US$50,000. I don't know what became of the second one. I've never heard him play it, but I did once find a small, low-res picture of him playing it live in a concert. The pic was from the 80s, so I always imagined him playing "wild is the wind" on it (I don't suppose anyone has a recording of that? I'd love to hear it!) but I'll probably never really know for sure. It's great to see that picture again though, thanks!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2