I Went to Rondo! (k...

Notifications
Clear all

I Went to Rondo! (kind of long)

51 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I've got that triple P-90 2500 here. It is indeed a nice guitar.

Besides the pickups how much different is it han the 2000 I have? I know looking at it I can only see the different pickups and that's all the description shows as different?

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Like I said, I haven't seen a 2000. I can only comment on the 2500.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

ALL guitars that have angled headstocks are prone to broken necks - invariably at the joint between headstock and neck.

+1, it happens on Epi's too...

I must say that I agree, Rondo music and its guitars are certainly not Gibsons, but I must say I can't agree with you on the Epi thing (besides the Elistists)... I'm probably wrong, but I think you might have a slight case of brand discrimination (I know I do, I always like underdog brand guitars 8) , and that might be the reason it has gotten into a big topic)... I just don't like the feel and sound of most Epi LP's, and suprisingly, I have the same complaints that you do about Epi! Cheap nut, etc. etc.

Maybe you just got a good Epi, and all of us know that there are dud's in every guitar, but I still like the feel and playibility of my Agile over any sub-$750 strat...

To each his own I guess...

(BTW, if you have read the Agile threads and think they are better than Gibsons for the price, they usually are NOT! However, they do compete with, (And IMO for the money, are better than) Epis for the price...

sullivan: Play a new $250 Epi LP, and see how it feels compared to a $250 Agile LP...

Also, if you're looking for other really great LP, and other guitar style copies, check out Tokai: http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/tokai_electric_guitars.html :)

Note: These can only be bought from the Usa from Canada, Ebay, Japan, etc. etc. because of the horn (Copyright infringement)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Also, if you're looking for other really great LP, and other guitar style copies, check out Tokai: http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/tokai_electric_guitars.html :)

Note: These can only be bought from the Usa from Canada, Ebay, Japan, etc. etc. because of the horn (Copyright infringement)

A tad bit pricier than the Agiles though? If they are similar in quality I'd go with the Agile. Just mu opinion though.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

(BTW, if you have read the Agile threads and think they are better than Gibsons for the price, they usually are NOT! For the price, I should say they ARE! Unless you have a line on Gibsons for the Agile price?

Gibsons are nice guitars. (I've got an SJ-200.) But their models that cost 10X the Agile prices are a long shot from 10X better. I've compared my Agile semihollow locally with a new ES335 and two new ES333s that I believe all come up short of the Agile. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Those Gibsons just aren't finished to the same standard. Should've been seconds, IMO. Runs, sags, orange peel, pickguards poorly fitted. They may not be typical for their models, but they're what's being offered for sale by the Gibson dealer here. They may well have superior materials in them, but I think the Koreans' craftsmanship has caught them.

Tokais? I think you're looking at the same guitars Rondo gets marked with "Agile."

ReplyQuote
(@sullivandf)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yoyo, I had an Epi LP Classic that I sold. Even though I didn't love it (or I wouldnt' have sold it) I still prefer it to the Agiles. Where can you get a new $250 Epi LP? Unless you're talking Juniors, Specials, etc. I don't think they exist.

I've said it before, I'll say it agian: As long as YOU (whoever YOU may be) are happy with YOUR guitar, that's all that matters!!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've said it before, I'll say it agian: As long as YOU (whoever YOU may be) are happy with YOUR guitar, that's all that matters!!Exactly.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

(BTW, if you have read the Agile threads and think they are better than Gibsons for the price, they usually are NOT! For the price, I should say they ARE! Unless you have a line on Gibsons for the Agile price?

Gibsons are nice guitars. (I've got an SJ-200.) But their models that cost 10X the Agile prices are a long shot from 10X better. I've compared my Agile semihollow locally with a new ES335 and two new ES333s that I believe all come up short of the Agile. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Those Gibsons just aren't finished to the same standard. Should've been seconds, IMO. Runs, sags, orange peel, pickguards poorly fitted. They may not be typical for their models, but they're what's being offered for sale by the Gibson dealer here. They may well have superior materials in them, but I think the Koreans' craftsmanship has caught them.

Tokais? I think you're looking at the same guitars Rondo gets marked with "Agile."
Oops... Gotta correct myself... :oops: What I meant was for the people who think they are as good or better than a high class Gibson, and the only major difference is in the price will be somewhat dissapointed, because Agile's aren't Gibsons. (IMO, I like the Agile's better, but I think some people are thinking that you are basically buying a Gibby for a fraction of the price, which is not true. I personally like cheap guitars, plain and simple. They are almost as good as the brand name one, and for much less. 8) )

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

A tad bit pricier than the Agiles though? If they are similar in quality I'd go with the Agile. Just mu opinion though.
There are differences... Like I think the neck profilke is a bit different than the Agile, and the obvious cosmetic reasons (From a distance, it looks like a real Gibby because of the font on the headstock... I'd personally go with the Agile, but for people who absolutly have to have that real Gibson look, its nice...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've always been a cheap guitar fan myself.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Yoyo, I had an Epi LP Classic that I sold. Even though I didn't love it (or I wouldnt' have sold it) I still prefer it to the Agiles. Where can you get a new $250 Epi LP? Unless you're talking Juniors, Specials, etc. I don't think they exist.

I've said it before, I'll say it agian: As long as YOU (whoever YOU may be) are happy with YOUR guitar, that's all that matters!!

I'm talking about this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/518661/

And sir, I call you GASally insane if you'd prefer that to an Agile thats the same price. One of my friends has one of those, and it makes my fingers and ears feel like poo... :lol:

And +1 about what Ric said... :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I'd personally go with the Agile, but for people who absolutly have to have that real Gibson look, its nice...

YoYo I am with you on the Agiles. Yes I am new to guitars and I haven't played many different brands but I must say what I have seen so far I still can't believe I got this for $160! I have it plugged into my V-Amp 2 and the sound is SOOO crisp and my hand just glides along the fretboard. MY neighbor heard me playing Cat Scratch Fever and he's like "Man that's AWESOME! You have gotten better! That sounds just like Teddy" and my reply was 'No I just have an AWESOME guitar!"

Today I started learning Hells Bells (I needed something classic for the electric since I have been doing a lot of acoustic work lately with strumming.) and once I got the V-Amp tuned in...I was ready to put my school boy outfit on and start bobbin' arounf my apartment!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

ReplyQuote
(@sullivandf)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

One more post and then I don't think I have the energy for any more Agile talk!!!. I'm starting to regret posting my review in the first place. :?

Yoyo, I may prefer the Epi, I may not. Each guitar is different and each guitar player is different. Personally, give my my '70s Strat and I'm happy. If you are happy with your Agile, Amen. That's all that matters.

However, I will continue to disagree with those of you who keep saying that, for the price, Agiles are comparable to Gibbys. There is a reason why Gibsons are Gibsons. You can call it brand envy, etc. but when you open up your Guitar Player/Guitar World/Guitar One/Vintage Guitar magazine this month, you'll see Gibsons. You may see an Epi or two. You'll see Fenders. You'll see Gretschs. You'll see Taylors, Martins, etc. You won't see Agiles. You can tell me you love your Agiles. I think that's awesome. That's all that matters. They should not, however, be discussed in the same breath as Gibsons. Just ask Jimmy Page/Clapton/Dicky Betts/etc, etc, etc.....

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I'm talking about this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/518661/

And sir, I call you GASally insane if you'd prefer that to an Agile thats the same price. One of my friends has one of those, and it makes my fingers and ears feel like poo..

Thanks Yoyo!

I'm gonna check out that Epi! Out of 381! Ratings it gets a high 8 to low 9! And that finish is awesome!

BTW, I have an 82' Epi Spirit (USA) and wouldn't trade it for the world.

I also have a Fender Deluxe Strat with S-1 switch that I love and to boot, my friend played it at "Black Eyed Sally's" in CT and got a standing ovation multiple times.

Yoyo, Ronald Regan is starting to give me a headache! Can you please change that?

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, Yoyo, Ronnie's gotta go!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4