Clear all

ibanez tube screamer

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@rockboy_155)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Recently I bought an Ibanez tube screamer, I payed about $100 for it, and I just cant find a way that i like to play it. Does anyone out there have this pedal and what kind of setup do you use it with. Is this pedal worth keeping?

Also has anyone heard of the guitar brand Arbor?

- "the whole world is a gimmic"

Rockboy_155

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Wow, sounds like a deal to me... Do you play heavy metal? because when used alone the tube screamer will never give you that heavy metal tone, but when you use it with some sort of overdrive or distortion it could... I don't have it but I know that Kirk Hammett uses it in his set-up and he gets some good distorted tones. So i think it would be a good booster pedal if you have a nice amount of overdrive or distortion.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

Also, if you play with any sort of distortion, turn the OD dial on the Tubescreamer down a bit and set it up so you can get a kind of volume boost while still retaining your original sound. Great for soloing :-D

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@waltaja)
Estimable Member

i think the Tube Screamer itself is supposed to be the difference. people swear by the TS-8 where other swear by the TS-9. i think it's all personal preference

"I got a woman, stay drunk all the time!"

-Led Zeppelin-

ReplyQuote
(@rockboy_155)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks i love the way it sounds for boost on solos!!!!!

- "the whole world is a gimmic"

Rockboy_155

ReplyQuote
(@questionmark)
Eminent Member

does anyone now about the ibanez tubescreamer TS5? I got it for free, helping cleaning out a place, but I don't if it's a huge difference between the models because this black little thing isn't very good...

peace in our time

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

From what I've seen on the 'net, it seems to have been a bit of a lemon. First made in 1999, last made 2000 - probably says it all.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@jubby)
Trusted Member

the one i have is set on drive 6, tone 6 and a half, level 5
sounds pretty good to me i guess

ReplyQuote