Notifications
Clear all

If Only

21 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Just think of it as talking loudly and musically. That's really all it is. Just thinking won't make you a good singer, but if you take that mindset then you'll be practicing in a more appropriate direction.

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Sing louder. Dylan can't sing either but he's made it work.

Yeah, Dylan can sing . His voice just sucks. It's all nasal and whatnot but he's generally in tune. Anyhow, variety is the spice of life and practice makes perfect and other mindless cliche's. But, seriously, if it works with your music, your adoring public will just have to accept it. Alternatively, Hire a singer.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@gandolf)

I'm not sure about this at all. I've never been able to sing, and I can't ever see that changing in the future. Everytime I try, it is just completely out of tune, nothing wrong with my voice, can hit all the notes, they just don't come in the right order!

I would love to believe that I could learn to sing, but I'm always singing when I'm driving and it never improves.

Sure, if your just a little off, then there may be hope, but I think for people like me there is no hope at all, Bob Dylan is like Andrea Bocelli next to me!

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

If there's one thing i wish i could do it's sing :oops: now honestly i've tried it and i think i SUCK what can i do?

Minus Human

Keep singing. I can't sing either, but I've *never* let that stop me :P If you're having trouble staying on pitch, that can be lovercome with practice. If you just don't like the sound of your own voice, stop worrying. Someone else will.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I would love to believe that I could learn to sing, but I'm always singing when I'm driving and it never improves.

Just singing while you go about your life won't help you much. It'll build stamina, but will help not at all with your skill. If you want to sing, you need to approach it just like learning any other instrument. Have some practice time in which you work on exercises and on complete songs, and which allows you to listen to yourself. You can't do that while driving. You need to be able to listen, pick out something that's wrong, and then work on that thing. Just singing isn't practice, practice is singing while listening carefully to youself in order to correct problems. If learning to sing well isn't important to you, fine, but if it is, you need to refine your approach.

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I picked out this song called Voodoo from godsmack it's a very laid back tune and when i do it, it doesn't hurt my voice whether it sounds good... well that's an all together diff story..

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2