Notifications
Clear all

I'm a lucky Dog

24 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I wish people gave me free recording stuff!

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Nice gear Wes. Free guitar stuff is great.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

good things happen to good people, congrats Wes. putting up with all our questions has finally paid off :P

I agree. What goes around, comes around... :D

Later,
Ghost 8)

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hey Wes that looks like the gear that someone ripped off from me a few years ago...I'll need to check those serial numbers...HA J/K

Have fun with the new toys!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Chris

My supervisor who gave this gear to me is a guitar player himself. He plays in a band called Gutter Boogie. They play mostly '60s and '70's Rock. I have never seen him perform, but he has a gig coming up in two weeks, I think I'll check 'em out.

This guy is a real gear junky himself. He told me he owns 17 guitars. :shock: His favorite is a PRS that cost over $4000.

I have a feeling that his Mrs. had something to do with this. Probably something like,

I WANT YOU TO GET RID OF SOME OF THIS JUNK NOW! :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

I have a feeling that his Mrs. had something to do with this. Probably something like,

I WANT YOU TO GET RID OF SOME OF THIS JUNK NOW! :D

Lets all bow our heads in a moment of silence :lol:

Ghost

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well obviously some people lack a sense of humor or is that not allowed here anymore?

Wes, nice stuff have fun.

OK I don't know what's going on I wrote this post because the previous one I wrote wasn't showing up I thought it was deleted.

I used to have one of those reel to reel recorders years ago, at the time I thought they were the coolest thing.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

Well obviously some people lack a sense of humor or is that not allowed here anymore?

What I meant was that every time someone is compelled or persuaded to relinquish something meaningful to him/her, a little part of that person is diminished. Collectively, we could all agree that this could be a sad moment for the person giving it up. Especially for a gear junkie. (As for gear junkies, there's a bit of GAS in everyone who plays guitar.) Yet, on the other hand, everything that we do is based on values; and the giver obviously values his relationship with his wife more than having excess gear! The stereotypical "nagging" wife (read: spouse) is what I found humorous. We've all seen it before, if not experienced it, ourselves.

(Sense of humour defended; then, hidden away for another day :wink: )

Ghost Rider 8)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ghost Rider

I knew what you meant.

I'm bad. I've always loved wife jokes,

"Take my wife, PLEASE"

I heard Rodney Dangerfield tell this one,

My wife and I believe in complete freedom and equality. One night per week, she lets me go out with the boys. And one night per week, I let her go out with the boys. :D

So, just kidding, I meant no offense to the ladies. But after my supervisor told me all the musical gear he owns, I wondered if indeed his wife might have told him to get rid of some of it.

We fellas tend to be pack rats.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2