Clear all

I'm back baby! And I've got new gear!!

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

HEEEEY!!! I've been away for a while. Between a promotion, buying my first house (well actually a condo) and getting engaged/planning a wedding, I've been busy like you wouldn't believe. So I thought I'd get back into the GN swing of things by showing off some of the new stuff I've gotten recently...

1) some of you may remember back in the day I bought a salvaged Seagull S6+ Folk from Nick. Well, I just had it tricked out with a pickguard, Fishman Neo-D soundhole pickup with endpin jack, and I had the top tinted with varnish to cover the cracks and pick-marks. Looks BEAUTIFUL! Pics are below.

2) I picked up a nice vintage Boss CH-2 chorus pedal. It's made in japan, which I understand is pretty decent...it's from the 80s, analog and is one of the best sounding chorus pedals I've found...I tried a lot of chorus pedals trying to find one I liked and stumbled on this one on craigslist. It's wonderful.

3) I bought a bass rig, too. I sold my Ibanez Jet King and my Fender DG-22s acoustic and used it to fund a MIM 1993 Fender Jazz Bass! It's a little beatup, with dings and some scatches, but works perfectly. It had been upgraded with a badass bridge and MEC Dynamic Correction pickups that sound really, really good. Once again, I spent hours in Gutiar Center only to find this on craigslist for $180...can't go wrong, right? and it's almost vintage. I also got a Peavey Max 158 amp, which is a little bass amp with tube-emulating technology and different "modes' like vintage and modern. It's little but it's plenty for my tiny place. Pics are below.

It's good to be back.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Nice stuff! I've been tentatively looking for a bass, & that Fender makes me drool! :D

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Welcome back.
It looks like hanging around GN isn't the only cause of GAS :lol:

I have been looking at one of those Jet Kings at a local shop, but I'm still undecided.
What did you think of the one you had?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Nice to see you back! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Nice to see you back. :D

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

That is the smallest pickguard I have ever seen. :D

I really like that blue Jazz Bass, very nice.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

well it's a small body guitar, and a normal pickguard dominated the top, I thought. Too big. Plus, I was only concerned about pick damage in that tiny little spot. It was an idea I got from an old Martin I saw in Acoustic Guitar Magazine, or the Fretboard Journal...don't remember which. I like it a lot. Looks nice and is practical.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote