Clear all

i'm going away

13 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I reallise that this is not the place for this, but its the closest to the best place. I'm not leaving you guys this weekend, just going away. I have an AP US History test tommorow morning, and then I'm booking it to southwest of here for the New York State Greco/Roman and Freestyle Junior Wrestling Tournament. I'm going with my club, and I've lost enough weight to wrestle 215. My other alternative was superheavyweight, at 275. If I win a match or two I'll be more than satisfied. Although I'm good at high school, olympic style is new to me. Anyways. I will not be posting, and my guitar is not going. I'll see you all Monday, Wish me luck!

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Tie 'em in knots Duffmaster! :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Have a good time :D I used to wrestle in Jr high school, It was a GAS 8) --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

Too bad it's not Roman History and American Wrestling, that would be much more interesting.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

as a former wrestler and coach, keep a low center of gravity and bust your hump. you can always catch your breath after the match is over, but you can't turn a loss into a win afterwards. with heavys, its as much who wants it as who has skill or experience, and greco and freestyle is all about the throws, so you gotta keep in good position and don't give them anything they can use.
good luck.

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

Right, don't forget those New Deal programs either.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

oh yeah. when in doubt, refer to the teapot dome scandal.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Beware the Robber Barons! they are everywhere!
g/l :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Good luck DuffMaster!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

if you possibly sneak in a pile driver do so lol. good luck 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

best of luck

Try to keep those hands safe

hilch :?:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm back! I had a great time. The AP Test was much easier than I though it would be.

The tournament was not easy! I've only been wrestling greco and freestyle for a few weeks, so states for one of the best wrestling states in the country wasn't the easiest first tourney. If anyone knows what a suplay is, It happend 3 out of 4 greco periods. But I scored points and spent some time with the pops and one of my friends, and next is empire state games qualifiers.

P.S. My strumming elbow is bruising, and that shoulder pops in and out worse than before. But at least I had fun.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Its nice to hear that you had a good time Duffmaster. I know where your coming from the injuries. I've been in karate for years, and have a tendancy to hurt my hands, feet, ankles, shoulders, neck, and pretty much every other place.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote