Clear all

im sick of guitar

58 Posts
36 Users
0 Likes
11.1 K Views
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

Billy Zoom once said that he wasted so many years playing guitar when he could have learned something useful like accounting or law.

I sometimes think of the time I'm wasting doing inductivley coupled plasma atomic emission spectroscopy, but it pays the bills.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I sometimes think of the time I'm wasting doing inductivley coupled plasma atomic emission spectroscopy, but it pays the bills.

Whew. I know what you mean. I did some of that yesterday.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol:

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@medarrah)
Estimable Member

Then leave already. Who said you have to play? Quit complaining, and do something about it. Maybe you just not ready for what your trying to do yet. You cant be a pro in 2 weeks.
Feel like you really suck? Get a teacher. It doesn't matter how experienced you are at guitar, but thats a good way to learn.

ReplyQuote
(@ab0msnwman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Then leave already. Who said you have to play? Quit complaining, and do something about it. Maybe you just not ready for what your trying to do yet. You cant be a pro in 2 weeks.
Feel like you really suck? Get a teacher. It doesn't matter how experienced you are at guitar, but thats a good way to learn.

lawl

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is "lawl?"

ReplyQuote
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

A good site to know for these types of situations...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lawl

-- Voidious

ReplyQuote
(@medarrah)
Estimable Member

Are you just trying to get sympathy votes? Or are you trying to get the most replies? Just curious....

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Ab, I figure if a person doesn't get frustrated with their playing from time to time, they're not trying hard enough. :wink:
Keep at it!
Recommended reading:
Vic's http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=33695&start=0

Don

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Thanks! You can gain a lot of knowledge on this site, and not just about guitar!

ReplyQuote
(@gchord)
Reputable Member

I didn't think you'd pack it in. I've been playing for twenty five years,and I'm not in the least a flashy player.It doesn't matter to me,I have fun playing. I wanted to shred,but that was before I listened to Stevie Ray Vaughn. I love the blues licks,Jimi's, Eric's,the Kings,B.B. and Albert. I've also known kids who were fast and flashy,but couldn't play rythym or a twelve bars blues to save their life.Just do your own thing,if you like it,chances are others will too.

ReplyQuote
(@odnt43)
Estimable Member

.....I have fun playing. I wanted to shred,but that was before I listened to Stevie Ray Vaughn. I love the blues licks,Jimi's, Eric's,the Kings,B.B. and Albert. I've also known kids who were fast and flashy,but couldn't play rythym or a twelve bars blues to save their life.Just do your own thing,if you like it,chances are others will too.

Very true...well put.

"A child of five could understand this...send someone to fetch a child of five !"--Groucho Marx

ReplyQuote
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Thanks! You can gain a lot of knowledge on this site, and not just about guitar!
Urban Dictionary is awlays a great site to refer too when you need "urban" words defined, haha. I love it.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Are you just trying to get sympathy votes? Or are you trying to get the most replies? Just curious....

medarrah, please read:
Oh. And this is the moment were we should say:"Please, don't go! We know it's hard but be pateint!". Whatever. Music ain't for everyone.

You serious man? This is THAT moment - we've done it in countless of threads, that's what makes these forums so great; the unending support and advice that we give eachother.

I really don't get this response, as well as a few others I've read in this thread. This is one of the reasons we are here, its to give eachother help when we're down and out, to inspire eachother.

We are all friends here, and friends lend support & encouragement to each other from time to time. :wink: :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4