Notifications
Clear all

Improving fingerpicking grooviness?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kent0609mu)
Topic starter  

here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LNTXE9e5ok .. i already finished learning this sungha's cover but the only problem is the fingerpicking specially in the verse part, tapping,picking played simultaneously ... i can do it but i can't do as fast as this one, so i need help to improve my fingerpicking.

im not a beginner and not a pro , just a skilled player ... just went into fingerstyle since 1st yr HS, not really practicing as always, just practicing when i have nothing to do and now im not yet really good in fingerstyle specially the fingerpicking..

please and thank you

(@gotdablues)
Estimable Member

Do you go slowly? Use a metronome? These things are essential when learning hard stuff. Fingerstyle is hard stuff for sure.

Helps me anyway

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@kent0609mu)
Topic starter  

Do you go slowly? Use a metronome? These things are essential when learning hard stuff. Fingerstyle is hard stuff for sure.

Helps me anyway

Pat

Yes, right now I go slowly analyzing the pattern. I don't use a metronome, but maybe Sungha does? or.. I don't know, maybe not because I focus on his hand tapping and picking at the same time and matches the tune.

Yeah, really. Fingerstyle is very hard to learn, but when you learn it, you'll be invincible! LOL

Thank you for your help sir.

ReplyQuote
(@gotdablues)
Estimable Member

Yeah just hoping I could help....

I will claim to be no expert in any aspect of guitar except for how much of a struggle it can be :x And I've been an abuser of not-using-the-metrnome, (and still am). But how many times, before understanding the benefits of this device, have I worked on some guitar music, got all the notes seemingly correct and still it sounds like complete garbage!!

Maybe you don't have to use it in every instance, but for practicing scales and such its a gotta have.

ReplyQuote