Notifications
Clear all

In need of a good guitar that won't break the bank

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@dp2460)
Topic starter  

I've been playing guitar for a little while now and I feel that it's necessary to upgrade to a better electric guitar. Now I have been looking around and I have found a guitar, called the Retrorocket X, made my Fernandes, that looks pretty nice. Has anybody had any experience with this guitar, or could you let me know of any electric guitars out there that have a lot of bang for the buck? (I'm looking to spend underneath the 300 dollar price range) Thanks for any responses and attempts at helping.

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Well, what are your musical tastes? You can probably get a Fender MIM stat used for under 300.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@dp2460)
Topic starter  

I'm sorry I must have left that out...My musical tastes are in some of the older bands (ACDC, Led Zeppelin, Twisted Sister, etc...) I would be primarily playing older songs.

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

I'd recommend Dean. I'm not sure how much their electrics run, I can ask my buddy who works at our shop, I know he plays one and plays a lot of AC/DC. I got my Dean acoustic for about 350 and it's an amazing guitar for the price I paid.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

It depends where the breaking the bank level is - you can get a Washburn for under £200, and my local shop's got a very sexy clear-finish Tele at £449.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@rush2112)
Trusted Member

Okay, epiphone makes cheap, under 300$ guitars based on Gibson models SG and Les Paul, which the ACDC/Zeppelin type bands used. I have the Paul, and I get a great ACDC, Sabbath, and GnR sound out of it, so I highly recommend that you try them out.

"You know, it eez possible to be too attractive." - Pepe le Pew

"Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes." - Bill and Ted

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Yeah, les paul style is the way to go. Jimmy page used a Paul, and Toni Iommi(Sabbath) and Angus Yound used Sg's, made by the sake maker of Pauls. Dont forget to look used.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote