Intellitouch PT1 tuner

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@robbie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Just wondered if anybody here uses one of these tuners shown at:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Intellitouch-PT1-Tuner?sku=211051

What are your thoughts on it and is it just as effective on an electric as an acoustic. Seems like maybe the answer to retuning during jam sessions when it is not always convenient to unplug and retune. Thanx for any input.
Robbie

(@davidhodge)

I don't use that model, but a similar style tuner, the Intelli IMT-500. The reason I got it was because I find myself playing numerous jam-style gigs and usually switch instruments a lot between six and twelve string guitars, bass, dobro and ukulele, so being able to tune on my own, often while four other instruments are tuning, too. For an acoustic player, it's a big help.

Hope this helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanx for the input David. I actually meant to ask about the type of tuner and not that particular model so your info was what I was really after.. Glad you find it a valuable tool as far as acoutics go, anybody use one on an electric. I guess I was wondering if the vibrations on a plank were as easily detectable as they are on an acoutic?
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

I've not had any trouble with it on either electric or acoustic.

Again, I can only speak for the model I have, but the only down side is that it eats batteries faster than the AAA battery style tuners. This one uses a camera battery and I have to replace it every four months. It gets a lot of use, though. Teaching on a daily basis means using it at least a dozen times a day.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

I use this model! It's great. I had 1 tuner that lasted about 5 years, then the battery died. I don't have the problem that David does with his (batteries I mean).

It's a quick and painless way to tune your guitar!

The downside is alternate tunings, this tuner has a little problem with the low E (6'th string), when I try drop D it doesn't always register correctly but I get around that by fretting on the second fret for E, things like that.

I once tested this tuner with my KORG tuner and they matched exactly, only standard tuning, I never tested with alternate tuning. For alternate tunings I use the KORG unless it's drop D ,double drop D, etc.

Bob Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Looks like my next purchase. My old Korg is on its last legs so that is a good excuse. Not worried about alternate tunings, have a hard enough time with standard tuning! Play the odd one in drop D so no problem. Thanx for the input guys
Robbie

ReplyQuote