Clear all

Interesting Deal

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

So, I'm at my favorite local guitar store. The one where everyone in there knows my name and my equipment. I told one of them the last time in that I'm thinking of building a keef machine. (Tele, low E buh bye, etc) I walk in and he shows me a damaged item. MIM Tele that had been dropped. Looks and sounds great. Action is incredible. Just a few dings.

So, I'm thinking of trading a line-6 spider II 210 for it. I don't use the amp much as I plug my V-amp into one of my fenders.

Any thoughts?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Yup, I have a good idea. Give them the line-6, take the guitar and send it to me. 8)

With just a couple of dings and no structural damage it sounds like a decent deal.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

If you don't really use the amp alot, but would use the guitar, I'd do it.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Yup, I have a good idea. Give them the line-6, take the guitar and send it to me. 8)

With just a couple of dings and no structural damage it sounds like a decent deal.

I'll just put it in the crate with my Harley. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Oh cool.. Is it clean now. Mine is filthy.. Took it out after the snow cleared the other day.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Oh cool.. Is it clean now. Mine is filthy.. Took it out after the snow cleared the other day.

You'll need to put some air in the tires. I didn't want to send any NC air when you'll be riding it in NY.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

You'll need to put some air in the tires. I didn't want to send any NC air when you'll be riding it in NY.

Ever heard Brad paisley's 'A litte mud on the tires'.That should get you both going :P

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

If I'd known it was that EASY.. I would have asked. :(

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

If I'd known it was that EASY.. I would have asked. :(

Geoo

It's amazing what I'll agree to while on pain meds. :)

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@guitargeek-9)

definetly trade that in if you rarly plug it in. and yea it sounds like a good deal...as long as those dongs dont turn into paint cracks and everything.

Rock on.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Well, I went down there and played it the other day and decided against it. First off, I would have needed to change the neck p-up to a mini-humbucker. Second, one of the dents was rather large. The biggest thing though, after changing the pickups on my Strat, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two sound wise right now.

However, at another shop accross town sits a used Squire Tele with two humbuckers on it.....

Stay Tuned.

Roy

ReplyQuote