Clear all

iRig or Peavey Ampkit?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@legendaryk4)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have been watching videos on youtube on both the iRig and Ampkit for a few hours now. I am really just trying to find something to record demos for a cd or something like that. I saw using amplitube (iRig) they have a 4 track recorder. And I cant see anything like that with the ampkit. Do i have to pay an additional fee for the 4 track recorder cus I read that you can "upgrade" to get it.

(@big-lar)
Estimable Member

IRig comes with a single track recorder in all versions, even the free one. $14.99 in-app purchase upgrades it to the 4-track (or 8-track on the iPad).

Or, look at Garage Band. It is $4.99, and has an 8-track I believe. Garage Band is iPad only.

-Lar

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I own iRig and Amplitube for the iPad, plus several of the add on. The track recorder is a little akward to get used too but it might be my inexperience. The fx in Amplitube are pretty good. The toughest part about recording is I haven't found an editing component and also it's tough to hit the record button and get a clean start.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@legendaryk4)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Ok so to bascially answer my own question seeing how I own Peavey Ampkit now hopefully it will help someone else thats trying to decide.

After doing alot of research I got the peavey for 2 main reasons. Firstly it takes batteries which mean it creates less feedback as would the iRig seeing hows it doesnt. Theyalso say the ampkit has metal around the inputs which create a more solid tone. Secondly I play metal so the tones on Peaveys ampkit are alot better for distortion. Anything with high gain on the iRig sounds like crap.

For anyone thats going to buy the ampkit remember that you can use it with the iRig's amplitube but not the other way around. And you are going to spend more money either way because you will want and need more pedals than it comes with. I spent about $30 more dollars just on Ampkit to get the sound I wanted.

Hope this helps.

-Legendaryk4

ReplyQuote