Clear all

Is it me or...

15 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

...did Fender up the standard strat $20? See for yourself: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/510000/

It seemed to have happenend after NAMM. Maybe its only on musiciansfriend, I havent checked anywhere else. Anyone know why?

Stairway to Freebird!

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Fender's new price list took effect January 1. Some retailers change prices as soon as the new factory list comes out, others wait until they reorder stock.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Looks like the raised the price on the standard Tele, too.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Why??!!!?? Why do they do this to us???!! :cry: :evil:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Why??!!!?? Why do they do this to us???!! :cry: :evil:

Inflation?

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Probably more like exchange rates. I'll bet a good percentage of their sales are constructed offshore.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Can someone explain why though? I didnt make a difference last year.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

I'd imagine it has something to do with the Fender executives wanting more money, and who can blame them?

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

Screw it, you can probably be persuasive enough to get that knocked off in store (or just get $20 worth of picks....)

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Tucker: I can blame them, thats who! :roll:
Rodya: Actually, I live in Austin which arguably the live music capital of the world(Austin City Limits!), so there are a ton of musicians there. So when I walk into a store, they have it jacked up even more than a usual music store, because they know your gonna haggle, and they still rip you off.(Even the damned pawn shops!)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

The cost of everything goes up from time to time. The cost of the materials, electricity, etc., and the cost to produce guitars is no exception.

Would you turn down your annual salary increase (that helps you survive with inflation) to keep the cost of whatever you produce the same? I don't think anyone would (or could), we all have to make ends meat.

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

yoyo: DAMN, really? Guess it's good that I live in New Jersey (the Emo capital of the world) and they don't have prices jacked up so high...

Also, on the higher-end models, the price jack is a little bit more - about $50 or so. Roughly a 5% increase on all models (if you take the $20 price jack on the Mex-strats into account). Such is the price of greatness.

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@ratfish256)
Eminent Member

Its really not that bad all things considered. When was the last time they upped the prices?

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

No, it's you. It really is. It's not me. It's not him, or her, or them. It's you.
And only you. Just you.

It's you.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

No, it's you. It really is. It's not me. It's not him, or her, or them. It's you.
And only you. Just you.

It's you.

I feel soo....hurt. :lol:

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote