Skip to content
is their a better l...

Notifications
Clear all

is their a better looking/feeling electric than the strat?

49 Posts
36 Users
0 Likes
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

My Girlfriend doesn't play guitar but she says when she pictures an electric guitar it is the type that i have ...now take out your respective strat....just look at that head stock! (not the over sized 70's ones as much but more the classic and modern), it is so beautiful and widely copied understanably so...the body and contouring...amazing!...the slanted front input socket is another treat so much nicer than the straight front gibson sg's...leo really seemed to have the words sleek and contoured in his head at the time...this is not just some hunk of wood, which is what my mind conjures up when i think of the unweidly (unless you have a strap and are standing in a gunslinger stance with it on your lower hip), les paul...the strat sits nicely on your lap , and contours to your body when strapped on and standing...the strats's neck is another creature of beauty in my mind's eye...when i was a youngin' at my jr. high school we had a music dept. and they had one electric guitar and a whole slew of yamaha acoustics, there was always a battle over would get to play the electric,...it was just some cheapo no name type brand of guitar that the school may have paid 200 bucks for, but it was a Strat copy and that was the main thing...when i finally got an after school part time dishwasher's job, i saved up and bought what i could afford which was an overseas Squier...not a great guitar but it did say "Fender" on it and it looked like a Strat...years later when i went out west on my own i bought a black Mexi Strat and was blown away (if you get a good mexi it is no small affair, they can be amazing guitars!)...i could show up at gigs and practice with my "oh it's a Stratocaster, if you must know..." (lol)...i was sooo stoked...still i knew the holy grail laid ahead...now for a gibson fan this road would be longer still (which is weird for a guitar company that at least these days is very inconsistent in their quality control!), but one can get an american strat for 1000 (canadian) brand new and if you want to explore other fancier models you can do so without breaking the 2 grand mark usually...this is not true of les pauls (at least where i live)...not to mention this difference,... the classic vintage electric guitar colour to most is a sunburst...the gibson les paul sunburst's are so bright ...whilst both the 2 and esp. the 3 tone fender sunbursts are deep and rich in colour with more black...do i want a les paul of course, some day...but am i happy i chose the strat as my first high end guitar?...obviously!...and now that we all have access to (if you are prepared to pay the $'s), the deluxe Strat, we can get noiselss notes and chords due to the new high end pup's and a fairly close proxemity to a humbucker sound with the push of the vol. knob whilst still retaining the classic (3 single coil pups) look and tone...
I guess in sumation i have to say that to me and many many others, THE electric guitar IS a Stratocaster...and after slowly climbing the Fender Strat ladder over the years, i can tetsify positively to the high quality and amazing sound these creatures are famous for being intact esp. in the american deluxe model, if you can afford one or finance one at your local store like i did http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/images20000-20999/ngb20277-fenderstratdlx/index.html ...do it!!!...you'll be ever greatful.
cheers - Otis

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I don't like Strats. They are so..........guitarish looking. I like V's and Explorers mostly. That and I prefer humbuckers.

Oh, and your link didn't work for me.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i am also a strat fan. i think they are the best looking electric guitars you can buy. and as a newfound single-coil guy, they sound wonderful.

your post makes you sound like a used car salesman though.

side note: OWA, is that you in your avatar?

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I'm going to treat your question as a rhetorical one, Otis. :lol:

(I like Strats OK, but they're not my favorites.)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@sito71)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

yeah i see what you mean about the used car salesman...chalk it up to an overexcited kid on xmas morning with his fav toy...not sure what i used as my avatar as i don't see one...i'll check it out though...here's a link that should work...seems you'll have to copy and paste it, (i think i posted it before SO EXCUSE ME IF YOU ALREADY SAW IT)...[/url] http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/images20000-20999/ngb20277-fenderstratdlx/index.html
CHEERS - OTIS

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

It's great that you love your strat in all, but where's the love for the telecaster. If I'm ever gonna get me something from Fender it would be the telecaster. The only telecaster I ever tryed was copy by a company I can't even remember, but it was sweet.

Then again I'm more of an Ibanez RG, Gibson Flying V, Epi LP type of guy myself though.

Everybody has their perference in guitars they like.

...And your link really doesn't work.

P.S. Congrats on your Strat!

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@bennett)
Reputable Member

...And your link really doesn't work.

This should work. :)

I have no electric yet (acoustic for nine months) but I'm in the market for one. Can't say I've ever found strats all that attractive though there must be something about 'em if people talk 'em up.

Nevertheless, I think my first electric is gonna be the sound it produces rather than the look. 'Course it's still gotta look good to some degree. :P

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

is their a better looking/feeling electric than the strat?

Quite simply yes!

Just about anything made by PRS and especially the work of art that is the "GRETSCH WHITE FALCON"

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@sarton)
Estimable Member

Godin.

A sucking chest wound is Nature's way of telling you to slow down.

Godin Freeway Classic, PodXT Live, Seymour-Duncan 84-50.
(All this so I could learn 'Twinkle, Twinkle, Little' Star for my youngest.)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

one word; Paragraphs

some of us have older eyes and it's difficult to follow a string of words (even if properly punctuated) that never has a break.

the enter key , and space bar are your friends :lol:

yes i love strats, and LPs, and PRSs, and semi-hollows, and dreadnoughts, and..... :wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Although I have a strat I like the look of the Brian Moores better. My SG has a classic look too.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i'm a les paul man 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I love my strat plus. its an early model from the mid to late 80s.
I am also a single coil freak. I love that sound.

now, please use paragraphs or spaces when posting. it is so much easier to read .

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@sparrow-aka-honor-roller)
Trusted Member

i'm a les paul man 8)

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

To me, strats are best. Love strats. Especialy the classic ones with the huge headstocks. They just feel right.

Does anybody know if their super noisless single-coil pups are really all that noisless?

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4