Clear all

Is this possible?

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Can I run a cable from my Vox AD30vt 's speaker out into my Fender Blues Deluxe and use the fender's speakers as, well.. speakers?

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

The AD30VT has a line out, not a speaker out -- at least when I bought it. You could you the line out as an input to your blues deluxe if you wish, sort of using the VOX as a modeling pre-amp.

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

awesome, exactly what I wanted!

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@scrtchy)
Estimable Member

Make sure that you are plugging from the line in to the Fender's input out and NOT from the speaker out. Plugging from the speaker out could cause some serious damage.

http://www.daughtersandsons.net -Cincinnati CEA Award winners for best original RnB/Funk band! (Bragging is in the user manual and encouraged)(Hi Mom)

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

Make sure that you are plugging from the line in to the Fender's input out

I think you mean "line out" from the VOX to Fender "input". Unless this particular amp has been modded, it does not have a speaker out jack (in fact, it's closed back and you don't even see the wire and the speaker)

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@scrtchy)
Estimable Member

Ooops, yes that is what I meant, outs to ins... I doubt it has a line in unless it is a small practice amp that has a cd in. But amps do have effects loops and preamp ins that are line level so... outs to ins!

http://www.daughtersandsons.net -Cincinnati CEA Award winners for best original RnB/Funk band! (Bragging is in the user manual and encouraged)(Hi Mom)

ReplyQuote
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Cool idea! kind of, only problem is that with 3 volume knobs it's hard to control the volume

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member

I would personally start with the Vox's volume controls right down in order to prevent accidental damage to the Fender amp. Then with the Fender amp volumes set about half (and you should have a good idea of how loud this should be normally), slowly crank up the volume (while strumming the guitar) on the Vox until it sounds right.
This is how I feed my electro-acoustic into my AD50VT, except my acoustic guitar is filling the part of the Vox amp in your case (although like your Vox, it is producing a powered, active output), so I have my main amp turned at half (or whatever volume I choose, so long as I know how loud it should be operating at normally on that setting) then I slowly turn up the volume knob on my guitar, strumming at the same time, until it sound right. :)

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline

ReplyQuote
(@benpari)
Eminent Member

Let me know how well that works, because the line out on both mine and my friends AV15vt sounds horrible. I am pretty sure it bypasses the tube completely. You can't play with headphones on that amp even if you wanted to....

ReplyQuote