Notifications
Clear all

It came! It came! (New guitar pics)

41 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Seems to me that is is a Les Paul ..... :wink: Glad yo like it. The weight never bothered me but of course my first real guitar was a Les Paul copy and my first quality guitar was a Les Paul so I didn't know any better.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I have always like that color. I'm glad you like the guitar.

Very big congrats!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
 deeb
(@deeb)

Hi there, I have just read you post ( New Member) and I was concerned that this guitar may not be legit.
The reason I say this is because there are a lot of fake Epiphone guitars on the market now, and I can't see a silverburst custom on the Epiphone website. Did you buy this guitar from a Guitar retail shop or on the web...

I have brought this to your attention as I have read about folks being conned into buying a guitar because its cheaper that the store price, but they say it ships straight to you home from the factory.

I'm sorry if this is not the case I just would'nt want you to be conned with a fake guitar that's to heavy and your not to happy with anyway.

:|

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Congrats !

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Welcome to the Epi LP club GrungeSunset!!! :D So cool to stop by and see that you got yourself another great guitar. Glad to know you are enjoying it to. One of these days I plan to upgrade from my Epi LP 100 to a better model.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Hi there, I have just read you post ( New Member) and I was concerned that this guitar may not be legit.
The reason I say this is because there are a lot of fake Epiphone guitars on the market now, and I can't see a silverburst custom on the Epiphone website. Did you buy this guitar from a Guitar retail shop or on the web...

I have brought this to your attention as I have read about folks being conned into buying a guitar because its cheaper that the store price, but they say it ships straight to you home from the factory.

I'm sorry if this is not the case I just would'nt want you to be conned with a fake guitar that's to heavy and your not to happy with anyway.

:|
Welcome to GN.

It's a Limited Edition. First one up this morning when you click on Epiphone in the MF site. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Custom?sku=519391 Epi sometimes doesn't show their special editions up on their site.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 deeb
(@deeb)

Howdy, I'm glad this is good news, I hope you get used to the weight and the front pickup. You could poss try changing the capacitor to a diff value to see if that would help improve the sound rather than spending silly money on a new pickup.

Enjoy ..... :D :P :D

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for your comments all.

I have been enjoying the guitar. Slowly getting used to the weight. It'll take a while as I don't have..........err.....padding.......on my shoulders but I got a wider strap.

I'd like to say my GAS is cured but I was stupid enough to pick up Guitar World's 2010 buyers guide. Now I want a hollow body and a 7 string. But that's a long way down the road.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@bfloyd6969)
Estimable Member

Thanks for your comments all.

I have been enjoying the guitar. Slowly getting used to the weight. It'll take a while as I don't have..........err.....padding.......on my shoulders but I got a wider strap.

I'd like to say my GAS is cured but I was stupid enough to pick up Guitar World's 2010 buyers guide. Now I want a hollow body and a 7 string. But that's a long way down the road.

Hollow bodies are very niiiiice:)

Why do we have to get old...

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I use a wider strap on mine and on the hollow-body too. I really does help displace the weight a little bit. I still sit mostly when I play though, so not much a difference realized.

Have you ventured into other types of music with it? I know you're not a Blues fan, so I won't ask. Jazz is very good on it. I don't do a whole lot of it, but it can handle what I do play rather handily. I find some of that Pink Floyd 70's DSOTM sound does well too, like "Breathe", "time", "Welcome To The Machine" and "Brain Damage". I know, Gilmour used Strats and even Teles, but that doesn't mean the LP can't handle the melodic or chorusy types of sounds. The volume knob is like a tone knob. Down really low you get some pretty tones and up high the thing just growls. One of my initial complaints was that the volume didn't change a whole lot once past like 3 or 4. That might be true, but you can dial up some sounds all over the place.

Sorry for rambling.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I want to expand out into other genres but not sure where to go. I don't like the blues. I like some jazz, but not enough to learn any. I like surf but a Les Paul isn't the best guitar for it. Right now I'm leaning towards the neoclassical stuff.

Thanks for the tip about the volume knob. I've already been using it to control the level of distortion. Turning the volume up overdrives the preamp. Not like it takes a lot to overdrive it.

P.S. I'm already GASsing for a Schecter 7 String. Stupid buyer's guide.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3