Clear all

I've got bad GAS

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Bought a Yamaha APX700. Built in pickup, preamp, EQ and tuner. With case $700.00 cdn. Which is like $700 US ? Go figure. I'd get a better price if I traveled two hours south but I'd have to travel two hours south. :roll:

I'm a bad boy. :oops:

I tried two Ovations and both had serious buzz. Nothing that couldn't be fixed but bad enough that I didn't want to wait a day or two to have it adjusted. This guitar has a nice rich tone which neither of the Ovations had. I'd attribute that to the shallow body. It's a cheap guitar. More expensive than the Ovations I tried but even the ones that were in the same price range weren't that great.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I'm not surprised the Yammy sounded better. Enjoy it, Hue!

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Very nice!!!

GAS be beddy, beddy good to you. :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys. Hopefully I can put it to use in the way it deserves. I'll try and post some samples before the end of the year. :P

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

nice Yammy!, welcome to the club.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sure does look pretty. I like Yamaha accoustics too. Sound nice they do.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Hueseph: how is the neck on the APX series? I was looking at the 12-string version of this guitar, which Yamaha says has a slim profile. Does the 6-stringer have a similar neck? Also, did you look at the CPX series and, if so, was there much difference other than body size?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

The action is fine. It could be lowered by about a millimeter and an half and it should be just right. I didn't bother to leave it to have it adjusted but fortunately I get a free setup at my convenience. The factory set up is nice though. I don't know how lowering the action will affect the tone. This guitar has surprisingly deep tone considering the depth of the guitar.

As far as twelves are concerned, I'm not sure about them as they are a different animal.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

My Yamaha FG is great. Its the only acoustic I'll ever need... Until I need a Seagull 12 string...

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very nice - enjoy! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote