Skip to content
I've had a great da...

Notifications
Clear all

I've had a great day! Building stuff.........

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@floydthegolfer)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Anyone else a men behaving badly fan?

Anyway,

A few months ago i replaced my stagg stratalike with an Epi Les Paul Std, which was a good move, mch nicer. Ive been toying wiht the idea of modding my old guiatr a bit to try making it better/unique. I scalloped out the top frets, which was fun and makes bending a laugh! Any other ideas from anyone? its an HSS and obviously the pickups is the obvious thing to replace. As a rock/metal player, what would be a cool thing to add?

Anhy suggestions appreciatted,

Cheers guys,

Rob

"You got the heart kid... but you don't got the tools no more....."
"DRAGOOO!!!!!!!!"

(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Broken record, but I love Carvin's M22N and SD models.
http://www.carvin.com/products/parts.php?CID=PU

Duncan has a new metal-oriented model out, not sure what its called. I've never used a guitar with Duncans but I've heard you can't go wrong. ESP is another good brand.

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@english-one)
Estimable Member

Maybe a decent trem? Even a floyd rose if your feeling adventurous.
Or if not, maybe you could get some locking tuners (spertzle) so that it doesn't go out of tune so much with your current trem.

You could uprgrade the electronics, there are various places that sell electonics uprgrades. You could get TBX tone pots, or some sort of mid boost/cut, or an active eq system.

One of the best things you could get is better switching. You can put the switching options on a strat from 5 to 7, to 9, or aparently even 32, and I imagine thats even more if you have HSS, with a Coil tap.

Just for an example of some electronic upgrades, take a look at [/url] http://freespace.virgin.net/vyse.co/guitar_modification_kits.htm [url] , though there are plenty more places like this that sell electronics that are pre wired, that you can just drop in.

Or you could go for a custom paint job. Either do it yourself, or get an artistic friend to give it a try, or get a proffessional if you have the cash.

Hope that helps

Peter[/url]

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

http://www.guitarnuts.com/index.php

That website has some good rewiring diagrams and walkthroughs.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

I would like to try mini-humbuckers in a strat. They seem like they would be more appropriate in sound for a strat than the Les Paul type. Why do you never see these in Teles?
A p90 pickup in the bridge would be another way to get growl without loosing high end; might sound mean.

ReplyQuote