I've Met "The One"!!!!

18 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I never thought it would happen to me, and I didn't think it was real. But I can't deny these feelings...

I put new knobs on my OE30, black ones, and when I did I broke one of them. Argh! So, I take her down to my buddy's shop for repair, and to get some flat wounds put on it--per TwistedLefty's comments (if I remember right). :)

After some idle chit-chat, I wander over to the guitar area, with the idea of messing with some pedals. I pick up a few guitars--an Ibanez RG, a Yamaha, and Strat copy by Wsashburn, think think. Then, I pick up a Butterscotch Blonde Vintage '52 Telecaster.

I plugged the tele into a Crate stack and started playing around with the tone and volume, and the pickup switch. When I hit the back pickup, I strummed a good, solid Am and I thought I was going to cry. The tone was unreal! It was as if the sound in my head all these years is finally able to come out of my fingers through this wonderful guitar. I sat there and played for two hours, but it seemed like 5 minutes.

What is weird is I have played other guitars EXACTLY like that one before. No tele, even a vintage one, has grabbed me like that. It was almost a religious experience. And I was messing around with pedals, not guitar shopping.

I gave the store all the money I had on me, $236, as a down to hold it for me. I am not kidding when I say I almost wept having to leave without it. My knees felt weak walking to the car. It's going to cost me about $1500, which is a bro deal but more than MF charges, but I don't care. It has to be THAT one.

This can't be normal, can it?

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

If that's a real 52 Tele then it should be going for $20,000. You got the smokin deal from ****

Hey, were in Nevada are you from?

ReplyQuote
(@modestcargo)
Eminent Member

Yeah man I love Telecasters... just don't like the feel of Fender guitars, it's a shame really because if I liked the Fender feel I'd most definitley have a Telecaster instead of my Black Beauty.

Congrats on the find man.

Edit: Hey I forgot to mention, good idea not buying it from MF. I'd never buy a guitar I hadn't played - guitars can vary so much from one to the other.

Epiphone Black Beauty Les Paul 3-pickup (Hawk)
Marshall DSL401 run on clean channel

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

congrats, i hope you will be happy together :lol:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Awwww, I see Fender is doing a Reissue of them. Still, It's going to be a smoker.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

awesome man. Im really happy for you.

Ive had the same experience three times in my life.
I go to the guitar stores in hopes of another.

teles rule, as you have found. this is the working mans ax. twang city and when plugged into an aweome overdrive....criminy it's heaven on earth.

Leo Fender got it right with that one.

ENJOY. you will not regret the cost.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

You did the right thing. If you get that feeling about a guitar, always, always buy it. From what I understand, it happens rarely. Good find and good luck!

I love Teles too.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Aaah, love stories are always so nice to read.... :D

Maybe you should buy the amp stack as well, just to be on the safe side. They may be soulmates. 8)

I hope that you'll have a long and happy life together.

I've spent the last couple of weekends wandering through guitar shops eying off potential "love interests" but, alas, my eyes have yet to meet the perfect one across a crowded room....

Perhaps it's time I tried the personal columns:

"Mature gent, financially secure, non smoker, social drinker, with gentle hands seeks guitar for friendship with a view to long term relationship. We'll share walks on the beach and cosy evenings by the fire. Let's make beautiful music together, with no strings attached.... no, hang on a minute, that won't work.... Umm, let me wrap my fingers round your neck and make you scream... no wait, this is coming out all wrong.... " :shock:

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Your right Chris, nothing like a good love story.

So lets see, at this time since he put down $236 that would be the engagement. And the rest is just like marriage, you pay forever. :twisted: :lol:

Good luck with it you should have a long happy life together.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I'm so happy for the two of you, I have to go now, I'm going to cry now :cry: ( happy tears :lol: )

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I am so happy for you "snif" You make a lovely couple "snif"
Oh darn, I promissed I wouldn't cry :roll:

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I hope you are very happy together.

It sure is great when you find "True Love"

Me and my Stratocaster have been together 32 years and still going strong.

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

that ahppened to me. my dream guitar is sitting in some shelf at this canadian music store. I played it for 5min but I fell in lvoe with it so quick. It was a gibson sg standard, didnt think theyd be that good but that guitar, oh my God, it was so easy to play

ReplyQuote
(@flintstone)
Trusted Member

So Maoi, you have "the One", congratulations! I have a question!!! How much of the 'tone' that you have fallen in love with is due to the amp. I want to get a my first electric and am wondering about the contributions of axe and amp to the aural experience. What do you say?
Should the amp and guitar be bought together?

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

There is Chris, sitting on the beach at sunset. A man, a guitar, a Marshall stack sitting in the sand, and a helluva long extension cord.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2