Clear all

Jackson JS30WR Warrior action and fret buzz issue

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpinjones)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello, i seem to be having a rough time getting a good action on my JS30WR, i have the action set pretty high because there is an unbearable amount of fret buzz, but since i've elimintated the fret buzz the action is so high that everything past the 15th fret takes a fair amount of effort to play. I can't seem to find a happy medium due to the fret buzz being all over the place, no matter how little i raise or lower the bridge there is either no fret buzz or a lot. The bridge is a Tune-o-matic if that helps.

So you're telling me i can sing AND play guitar at the same time.....? Since when?

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

have you tried using a truss rod to straighten out the neck? if you've done that and it still buzzes, and a pro can't get it set up, then the neck may be too warped and you'll probably need a new neck or new guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpinjones)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i'm going to need a tool for the truss rod then, where will i be able to find one aside from a music shop? our shop is pretty much never open and it's our only one, that being said the nearest "pro" is 3 hours away in vegas.

So you're telling me i can sing AND play guitar at the same time.....? Since when?

ReplyQuote