Clear all

"jam" with the kids.

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@s1120)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well hanging around the house yesterday got into a little jamming with the kids!! [5 and 9] the oldest was messing with her keyboard with a background tune going on, my youngest was messing with a small 1/2 size acustic, and I was playing my oldest's 3/4 scale Hello kitty strat. :D We sounded bad [my poor wife!!!!] but had a great time!!! I set myself up playing just a stedy bassline of the guitar to keep them all together, and my oldest sang whatever came to her. Just shows that music doesnt have to be good to be good. :D :D

Paul B

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Bring them up right! It can pay off. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Sounds like a great time and you are building a foundation for some great jams in the future.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Three sons. One guitar.

1962-ish Harmony bobkat...given to me, new, by my dad. I was 12.

I offered it to my own first born when he was 12. Nope. My second boy when HE was 12. Nope. Okay, my THIRD son when HE was 12. BINGO! He's turning 18 now, has access to all my vintage axes, and is GOOD!

Number two kid plays bass...and majoring in a bach of digital recording engineering.

Number one...graduated the same course and is in Europe making all the sounds you get to hear on video games, etc. (heads exploding, bullits smacking someone...and even some keyboards).

Play with your kids. Sharing that sort of headspace is only for the fortunate!

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Yes, getting children interested in music, whether the commercial form or actual music lessons (tougher) is a very good thing.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@minorkey)
Reputable Member

Cool man, fun, thats what its all about! Our two got a Ukulele each for christmas, hopefully we'll start a band ;)

If I go blind guide me. If I go deaf shoot me
http://mymusictree.blogspot.co.uk

ReplyQuote