Clear all

Job problems - on more US visit

13 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@jimscafe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

On the work front, things are getting little sticky. I live in the Philippines and my bosses have 'requested' I visit them in the US for a 'talk'. We have been seeing things differently for some time so this may be my last visit to the US.

Given the problem of getting equipment in the Philippines, especially left handed guitars!, what would anyone suggest I purchase with this possibly last visit to augment my musical equipment...

I have a Mexican Strat (love it), a travel guitar (like it also, electric), a cheap acoustic. A Peavey Bandit Amp, Kork Pandora, Boss BR 864, Zoom GFX-5 and a Korg Ampworks.

As you can gather I have been trying to get the 'right' sound and currently prefer the Ampworks through a clean Peavey.

Thinking of getting a drum simulator, can't really justify another guitar - but!!

I have a small mixer (Eurorack)

Any sugestions - given this might be the last trip, at least for years :( cost is secondary.

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

where in the US will you be "visiting"?

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@jimscafe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Virginia - but if I wanted to get something from Musician's Friend or similar I could have it delivered to the Virginia office and collect it - otherwise I would visit the shops in Virginia.

What would anyone else pick if they could have just one last spending binge?

ReplyQuote
(@lucam)
Eminent Member

Fender guitars in the States cost much less than anywhere else in the world....
In fact I bought one in y last visit :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Well stop by and play a little. I'll leave the porch light on.

You might want to look at a decent acoustic. Check out Windy Hill guitars, they are right near here.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Well stop by and play a little. I'll leave the porch light on.

You won't invite him to dinner nick ??? :o

Busy big bro nick :lol:

Between jimscafe ...even i face the problem of having a left handed guitar in my place.Its really tough.Now you got one 'real' friend of yours who can understand the agony of being a left handed sometimes :oops:

Best of luck in US.If you are dropping by new delhi then you can throw your lefties at me which i would be very proud to have :twisted:

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Who needs food when you are playing guitar?

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Who needs food when you are playing guitar?Fried chicken or barbequed ribs make slide playing so much easier!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I would get a nice tube amp.

I am not putting down your Peavey Bandit. I owned a Peavey solid state for many years and it was a good amp, but if you really want to start getting some great tone, consider a nice tube amp.

I don't know your budget, but you can pick up some pretty nice amps for under $500.

Fender Blues Junior

Fender Blues Junior

These are both great amps, famous for great tone, extremely popular.

Peavey Classic 30

The Peavey Classic 30 is a great amp used by thousands of gigging musicians. Outstanding tone. The amp has been recently upgraded.

Peavey ValveKing 112

This is Peavey's newest amp. So far it is getting excellent reviews. You will not find a 50W tube amp for this price anywhere. It is made in China, but Peavey has always been known for quality products, so I think this is probably a very good amp.

So, that's my 2 cents. You have some pretty good gear already. But I think you will be very happy with any one of these amps or many others. I know we argue about tube amps versus solid states on here frequently, but probably 90% or better of your pros use tube amps, that is no accident. And the pros know great tone.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That ValveKing sounds comparable to the Pignose G60VR by specs and price. Haven't seen one.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

seriously the only amps i ever like are by fender and marshall...they both look so great. (i seriously don't know tone..but reviews say it)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Fender and Marshall have got great advertising and are widespread. They've got good products. But there are plenty of other good amps besides theirs.

ReplyQuote
(@jimscafe)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Nick - I might take you up on that if you were serious..

I bought a Fender last time I was in New York - but the tube amp sounds a good idea - and $500 about right.

Now how much does it weigh and what will the airline charge me to take is luggage?

ReplyQuote