Clear all

John Denver

20 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
Rahul
(@rahul)
Famed Member

What a coincidence Doug...the reason i picked up guitar was john denver only , i think.When first i listened to 'country roads' i dreamt of playing it on the guitar.

Now it feels nice , that atleast i can do the rhythm :D

ReplyQuote
jimh2
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

What a coincidence Doug...the reason i picked up guitar was john denver only , i think.When first i listened to 'country roads' i dreamt of playing it on the guitar.

Now it feels nice , that atleast i can do the rhythm :D

That was my beginning motivation also. The beautiful acoustic guitar in most of John's songs...

Music is the universal language, love is the key.

ReplyQuote
jimh2
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just an update...I found an article that claimed that one of John's guitars was a Guild F-212 12-string.

ReplyQuote
English one
(@english-one)
Estimable Member

It was interesting, I was reading something about John Denver in one of the "Popular music" encyclopedias, it was really quite scathing, they obviously didn't like the guy.

I've got an old "Best of" cassette tape, which is a bit stretched now, but it really shows what a great musician he was. Still don't know an awful lot about him though.

Did somebody say he played a BC Rich?

Peter

ReplyQuote
jimh2
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

It was interesting, I was reading something about John Denver in one of the "Popular music" encyclopedias, it was really quite scathing, they obviously didn't like the guy.

I've got an old "Best of" cassette tape, which is a bit stretched now, but it really shows what a great musician he was. Still don't know an awful lot about him though.

Did somebody say he played a BC Rich?

Peter

There was actually a made-for-TV movie here in the states about his life a couple of years (maybe longer?) ago. It did depict a side of the man that I had never heard about when he was alive.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2