Notifications
Clear all

joining a band...good idea?

22 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@reeve)
Estimable Member

haha cool, my friend and i are in the same sorta position. I dunno if he's that serious about it though, but i want to. He's more into the weird new music that I don't like like Coheed etc., where im more into more blues based guitarists like jimmy page, jimi, and jeff beck, it'll be interesting though if we follow through with it though. good luck with yours! 8)

Well, I've had some requests, but I'm going to play anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@audioboy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Oh wow...we are officially an unofficial band, if that makes sense. I am actually quite excited. So far the band consist of me as the lead guitar and two others as the rythm and bass. We are, of course, in need of a drummer and none of us have the courage to sing so we are looking for maybe a female singer. We are called The Cigarettes by the way.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Way to go AudioBoy! 8) You guys can jam without a drummer until one comes around. Put up ads in your local music stores & see what happens. Most important, have fun! :D Good luck.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, pick me as the singer! Kidding lol.

Congrats on the band though. Where'd you get the name from?

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Good luck with the band, man. We expect some sound bytes soon.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@audioboy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Lol...the name was kind of just a random thing. Of course we wanted something no one else had and something that sounded cool... At first I was thinking The Classics, then The Nine O Clocks...just a whole bunch of random names and then I was like...The Cigarettes...sounds cool enough. And that is what we stuck with

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Till you get a drummer just pick up a drum machine. The Smashing Pumpkins used one for a year when they started out.

Check out the Musicians Wanted on Harmony Central. You may find a drummer in your area.

Harmony Central Musician Ads

Just type in your zip code.

Good luck with the band. 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2