Clear all

Just grr...

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm in this spot...where I'm not a begginner but certainly not an expert...I guess u would call it intermediate. But when ya'll where in this spot did you ever just wanna slam ur guitar on the floor!?! :x It's like you wanna pick it up and play something AWESOME but you can't cause your not good enough yet. I really wish I still had a teacher cause I hardly ever learn anything new. I know of alot of people that taught themselves but I just....I dont have enough attention span to do that. AHH I just needed to blow off some steem..LoL..I forgot how great these boards are! Thanx for reading this even though it has nothing to do w/guitar except the fact I'm really frustrated. :D I'm feeling a little better now!

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Yes, it sure can be frustrating when you think you hit some kind of roadblock. Lots of people go through it. As a matter of fact I would think everybody goes through it as sometime.

If you haven't read this thread then you will see what I mean

Lack of progress

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@cabreraluvr7)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Yes, it sure can be frustrating when you think you hit some kind of roadblock. Lots of people go through it. As a matter of fact I would think everybody goes through it as sometime.

If you haven't read this thread then you will see what I mean

Lack of progress

WoW. I never knew so many people started playing later in life! That does make me feel better that pretty much everyone goes though a time of complete frustration!!LoL but I'll make it through it. Maybe its also the fact that I'm sick of having a sucky sounding Johnson. I really want a new one! I've asked for one for christmas..but idk if I'm getting one. But thanx for that link!

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Best thing to do is hang in there, don't give up, and try to find something that inspires/motivates you. Maybe it's a song you like that you haven't masterted that may stretch your playing, a new style you haven't tried yet, or like you said some new equipment. Tell Santa you need a new guitar because you've played all the songs that are on your current guitar! :wink: ( got that one from a guy at a guitar workshop I attended. He told his wife he needed another Taylor becuase the one he already has doesn't have all the songs on it he wants to play!). We all hit the point your at from time to time. Stretch yourself, practice, and you'll get through it. :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Hey dude. I'm a beginner at guitar so I can't completely relate on this subject but I can on another. When I was learning to fly I was having trouble nailing my landings well enough to solo. My instructor would think I was ready to solo then he would say "Lets take one more trip around the pattern so I'm sure your ready". Then I would just completely blow the next landing which would delay my solo until more practice was done. Oh the frustration :x . My instructor would see the frustration on my face so we would end the day and he would always tell me " Patience and persistence". When you have those two working together you can literally overcome any obstacle.
Hang in there.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote