Clear all

Just one guitar.

19 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@aaron-munson)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm curious what you guys would choose if you had to get by with just one guitar. An acoustic dreadnaught? An OM? A hollowbody electric with 50 possible pickup settings? A Taylor x14ce? I think that would be my choice at this point.

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Only one guitar?
That is inhumane :cry:
I would choose an acoustic myself, probably a nice cutaway.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Just one guitar, but for the rest everything else? A ES335 with build in Variax and Variax Accoustic pickups, besides the regular pups. That should do the trick for a while. Should be cheaper then many custom Gibbys...

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Only one huh?....MMMMMMMM...has to be a Taylor T5...it has the best of all of them plus I can plug it into my new V-Amp 2 and feel like I had 100 guitars!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I am not sure if it is timing or not but since I got to play a Taylor T5 today I have to second Mikes vote.

However, you will never get me to agree to just one. :twisted:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

No, I just can't play this game anymore. I got way too GASsy. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Third vote for the T5. :D

ReplyQuote
(@aaron-munson)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I was wondering about a parker too. The Taylor T5 had slipped my mind, too new I guess.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Funny thing, I was playing my T5 only minutes ago, and pretty much thinking the same thing. It's not perfect, but if I had to settle for one, it would be the T5. It's not my favorite electric (yet), but is the best all around guitar I own. That makes four votes.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Just one guitar, but for the rest everything else? A ES335 with build in Variax and Variax Accoustic pickups, besides the regular pups. That should do the trick for a while. Should be cheaper then many custom Gibbys...
Yeah, and if we're doing the "on an island" thing, a really good tube amp, a POD XT Live, and a laptop with all that cool Line6 software (Custom shop, etc. etc.), Garageband 2, a saltwater powered battery, and wireless internet, etc...

Oh yeah, and a lever thing on the ES335 that switches from low action to really high action for slide (an Es335 is my dream guitar for slide) 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

67 Martin D12-20

That way you can string it as a 12 string or a 6 string.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

If we're talking "Desert Island Discs" here, and you're allowed one luxury, it'd have to be the Squier Tele....with the added rider that I could take the Cube amp.....and have an unlimited supply of D'Addario 9's....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I'll take my Alhambra 4P Classical; but if I could have the choice of any guitar, it'd probably be that £12,000 Ramirez Classical they had at the Classic Guitar Centre not so long ago.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

I'm with Ricochet on this one...............too much GAS, especially lately with a surge in spending on gadgets/gear and enjoying it too much!! :D

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Funny thing, I was playing my T5 only minutes ago, and pretty much thinking the same thing. It's not perfect, but if I had to settle for one, it would be the T5. It's not my favorite electric (yet), but is the best all around guitar I own. That makes four votes.

Make that 5 for the T5 and man am I green with envy

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2