Clear all

Larrivee Guitars

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I went to the guitar store yesterday, investigating some new acoustics. I played several Martins, several Gibsons, several Taylors and several Larivees. All these guitars are high end guitars over $1000 each. I found that the Gibsons were very dissapointing, the Taylors were decent, the Martins were incredicble as always but I swear I am hooked on Larivee, best guitars I have ever played. Beautiful sound. For those of you who don't know Larivee they are a canadian company out of Vancouver. If you have a chance to play one...PLAY IT!!!!

just thought id share this

$MAX$

(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i have found similar to you. Gibson acoustics are good guitars, but not worth the price tag (i still want one though). I love Taylors, but I'd rather have a Martin over anything. I have played on Larrivee guitar, and found it to be on par with the Taylor. Martin still reigns surpreme in my world.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@improvgtrplyr)
Estimable Member

i use to drive past the Larrivee co. every day and i'd wonder what their guitars are like. i lived in vancouver for more then 13 years and played with lots of people there...never did know anyone who had a Larrivee guitar. must be due to the high price.

you got me thinking.....i could use a new accustic :D

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Larivee is an excellent guitar...especailly when you get in the higher price range.

when I shopped for my higher end acoustic I looked at thsoe mentioned.
I narrowed it down to Martin or Larivee.

I got the Martin only because the neck fit my hand so perfectly. I was nailing notes better than ever.
that Larivee tho is tops...check them out! especially the rosewood model. awesome looks and tone.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

When I bought my new acoustic yesterday, I noticed an increase in the number of Larrivees. I played one in that store before, a $2400 one, and it was junk. I absolutely hated it, one of the worst guitars I ever played. The neck was terrible and the action was about a mile high. It sounded to bland. I was very dissapointed.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

I Love my Larrivee, they make great all solid guitars for a reasonable price.

FYI, Larrivee has two plants, one in BC Canada and one in California.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@guitbusy)
Trusted Member

I have a buddy who loves Larrivee, it is his dream guitar. I have just discovered the Breedlove guitars. I know they aren't new, but I went to GC and played the mid range Martins, Taylors, etc and really preferred the Breedlove. Previously I had been sold on the Taylors. Check out Breedlove also, they are a nice mix between a Taylor and Martin.

Older Newbie

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Someone on here used to talk about Breedlove a fair bit. Nick or David or someone like that. I've heard nothing but good things, but I've never been fortunate enough to play one.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

That'd be Nick with the Breedlove. It's a great guitar and I thoroughly enjoy listening to him play it.

I'm one of the "Seagull folks" (no pun intended) but I've also relatively recently gotten a Lowden and I'll be more than happy to sing their praises as well.

Trouble is that I've loved every guitar I've owned! :wink:

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I thought it was Nick but I wasn't sure, he has so many acoustics there wasn't much of a chance that it wasn't him.

I'm a Seagull guy too. I've never owned one, but played them and loved them. I'm a fan of that whole family of guitars, I myself own a Art & Lutherie!

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

I was out looking at guitars this weekend.

I played a taylor 712 short scale, and a brazilian rosewood back and side Tacoma. Both guitars sounded amazing. I tried out many others but those two stuck out. For the bargain price of 2000 Cdn either one could of been mine. (the taylor had a very small laquer crack on the top) I gave them both serious thought, luckily I am not prone to impulse buying. My brother went home empty handed again. He has been looking for a while. He is a lefty, and the selection sucks.

I have never tried a lowden or a breedlove either but would love an opportunity. So many great guitars out there...

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@derecola)
Trusted Member

I'm gassing for a Martin d-28 ,I must have one. :twisted:

ReplyQuote