Clear all

Latency is driving me nuts; what to do?

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@peaveyusa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I use guitar rig and lately my latency is going bonkers. I used the same settings forever and one night my sound cards and usb cable just went nuts. Shut off my sound card sound and my USB guitar cable sound. Im using asio4all driving the input thru my USB guitar cable and the output thru my sound card. One night it all stoped and the settings red beyond logic. Now I can not get the latency sto stay put at all anymore.

I don't know what to do, maybe re-install asio4all?

(@alangreen)

I'm guessing you don't have anything else running at the same time?

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@peaveyusa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Alan
Normally I would have both Audaucity and Youtube open running on Foxfire. I play the backing tracks off youtube and record them on adaucity. Just lately with just youtube and rig running a the same time, my latency is up and down. Depending on what amp model im playing, i have to reset the latency to complement it. Even then it eventually bogs back down eventually. It used to never give me any problems

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

if you can't get an answer here, i'd try calling the manufacturers. sometimes companies also put the instructions online in a pdf.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Native Instruments has had some documents on Kontakt performance enhancements. I'd be willing to bet that they have the same for Guitar Rig.

Do you do you disk de-frags and cleaning reguarly? It could be having issues reading in a timely fashion, which slows everything down.

Just a couple of thoughts. I'd look on the NI forum for specifics for GR.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@peaveyusa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

One part I left out. I never reboot my machine. I sleep mode it. I reset the config on adio4all rebooted and viola! Fixed!

ReplyQuote
(@martmiguel)
Eminent Member

This will sound funny but it worked for me.

Give your pc a good clean, specially the part were the processor is, I had this issue some time ago and when I cleaned the pc ¡problem solved¡ the processor was overheating because it was all covered with dust, that was making my pc run slow, so I started getting latency problems.

Director of:
Cursos de guitarra eléctrica y acústica
ClasesdeguitarraYoutube

ReplyQuote