Notifications
Clear all

learning the fret board

18 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

I've since discovered that there's at least one respected musician who makes his living selling exactly the same insights that I worked out back then (I confirmed it by writing to him and explaining how I saw it).

You actually wrote to the famed Australian Barry Gibb?

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

I've since discovered that there's at least one respected musician who makes his living selling exactly the same insights that I worked out back then (I confirmed it by writing to him and explaining how I saw it).

You actually wrote to the famed Australian Barry Gibb?

:D

Different guy.

ReplyQuote
(@kaizer-szoza)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks for all the help/links guys some real good information there. After a couple of days of pouring over it, I am not sure what was so hard in the first place. Guess I was just approaching the subject from the wrong direction.

I can see with most things it may come down to a matter of preference or opinion. Reminds me of one of my professors. Whenever there was a big exam, or any exam for that matter, there were always people who would ask what is going to be on the test. I guess after being asked so many times he would impart his wisdom about learning--it went something like this (paraphrase):

Its never a question of what you need to know but how much can know.

I think his point here was that never ask how much you need to know because obviously you need to know as much as you can possibly retain in order to be prepared for any situation and to be all around "knowledgeable" about the given subject, not to just be able to pass some exam. I had this professor several times in my studies and have never forgotten his words. It has never failed me in practice either.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2