Clear all

lee osker

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot lars....but i cant get the harmonica from all along the watchtower, can u give me some tips on playin that :)

" Take what you can from your dreams and make them real as anything " - Dave Matthews.

ReplyQuote
(@squidward)

1. if a reed is damaged can it be repared? 1 reed of my hrmonica is bad
:(
2.Is it comparatively difficult to blow single notes on the lee osker diatonic C harp than the other harps?

peace out[/quote

Hi
What do you mean by "bad"? Does the reed sound off pitch? Or does it not sound at all? Which reed is giving you grief?
Yes you can replace a single reed if you want but it's not a job for a beginner,and you need a donor reed and some experience tuning harmonicas. If you want to go down that road pm me and I'll send you a couple of url's to check out.
The "bad' reed may not be bad at all, take off the covers and have a close look at the reedplates, there may be a piece of fluff or a moustache hair stuck between the reed and the reedplate, which will stop the reed from sounding. If there is something stuck carefully remove it with a small needle or whatever you have handy, but be carefull to not bend the reed or twist it off centre or you'll have to regap and realign the reed.
Lee Oskars are no more difficult than any other type of harp,probably easier than some. If you are new to playing harp it could be a technique problem, the first three holes can be a challenge to most people and it takes a lot of practice to be able to bend with enough control to make playing bends an option when playing a tune.
As others have said you can buy new reedplates for Lee Oskars,if you are sure you have a broken reed that would be the easiest solution
If you have cracked a reed it will drop by a semitone in pitch so you can check if this has happened with a chromatic tuner, but if you have some experience playing harp you will hear it straight away. You can retune a cracked reed backup to pitch but it will only last a short time before it goes belly up.
I hope this helps

"It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."
- Jerry Garcia

Have A nice Life
Squidward

ReplyQuote
(@squidward)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM THAT LOVES HARMONICA,YESSSS..... AND I BELIEVE A TRUE ACOUSTIC GUITAR LOVER CANT RESIST PALYING HARMONOCA, NOW I KNOW U GUYS ARE CRAZY ABOUT HARMONICA TOO, SO WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A HARMONICA SECTION IN THIS FORUM??? :idea: :idea: :idea: WHAT SAY U GUYS.

A harp topic in a guitar forum? That' probably a question for the forum owner. There are a few really good harp mailing lists around

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/harptalk/

[email protected]

It's probably best to contact the forum owner and see if it fits in their vision for the group

"It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."
- Jerry Garcia

Have A nice Life
Squidward

ReplyQuote
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thank u so much squidward for the great reply :D , really helped me a lot, i will definitely pm u when i wanna talk about harp if u dont mind.
peace out.

" Take what you can from your dreams and make them real as anything " - Dave Matthews.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2