Little Savage - Ygnwie Malmsteen

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

hey,
This is a little specific so i doubt ill get an answer but ill ask anywho...
In Little Savage (Rising Force) at 1:26, is that melodic minor scale he uses for that more melodic soloing or what?
Cos thats the sorta sound I really wanna be able to get in my playing so...

(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

Just find a tab, check out the notes he uses, and then transpose that sequence around the neck. :)

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

It might be the harmonic minor scale. I haven't heard the song but I know that he uses in some of his songs, and it's one of my favorite scales outside of the pentatonics and minor/major scales. If you know what key it's in check to see what notes are raised if only there is only a major 7th then it's harmonic minor, if it's both major 6th and the 7th then it's melodic minor.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah I've been learning harmonic minor. It has a very distinct sound. Thats what brought this section of the song to my attention, cos it sounded so much more melodic to me the harmonic minor...I could be wrong of course, but i thought I'd ask.

ReplyQuote