Clear all

Long time, no see

51 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hey all, its sure been a long time. Lots of changes in my life to discuss. I will take that to the other section.

Anyways guys My fiancée just left me today and I can't think of a better song to finish then Led Zeppelin's "Heartbreaker". I can play most of this song quite well with the exception of the second measure of the first solo. I just can't figure out how to play it. Youtube has some videos of people playing it but its just too fast to tell.

I'm still inputting the official sheet music into guitar pro so I can't post it just yet, but if you can shed some light I would be grateful.

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back, Sid! Sorry to hear about the fiancée. Can't help with the Heartbreaker solo, but that's a great song!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

sorry to hear about fiance..Welcome back though.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys, looking through GP and being buzzed right now, I can't think of a better song then "comfortably numb". Well it's not a song I know how to play.

I was working on two Neil young songs for her. BTW this is 10 days after I gave her the rock!. The first song was "you and me" and the second was "Harvest moon". Gawd, don't even want to play those right now, I will lose it. Someone please pull the sword from my gut!

Guys, I'm hoping that I don't turn back to what made me learn the guitar in the first place. You know things like suicidal tendencies. BTW I will 47 on the 27th, our wedding date.

Crqp, my daughter just played Numb by Linkin Park and I just lost it.

Life has to get better.

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

it can only get better...i once said in a song the best thing about being at rock bottom is your on solid ground...its prob unrealistic for people to say to be happy and optimistic, cause good luck with that...maybe throw yourself into a hobby and focus soley on that to take your mind off it (not excluding your daughter of course)

*reassuring slap on the back*

ReplyQuote
(@kaspen)
Trusted Member

Dude, I'm sorry to hear that, hope you're ok.

I'm at the university now. If I tab it as soon as I get back home, will it make you feel at least a little bit better?

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Heya Sid, good to have you back.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome back

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Welcome back Sid, soory about the fiance...I know you don't want to hear this but time heals everything, try to stay busy and keep your mind off of what's going on

Good luck!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well she called me a 4:00 am and cried for a few. I tried to stay pleasant and keep her talking but she said her phone was going to run out of minutes and hung up. I did some sole searching today, and reflected back on those things that made my world turn upside down.

I can say that it was because she had just seen her ex just before all of this started and then a flat out lie. She said she got into her truck after cashing her check and loaded a bowl(yeah she smokes, but I don't) and then fell asleep. She called and claimed that security at the hotel she was at found her sleeping and made her come in and get some water, and was on her way home. Folks I live in Vegas, it was 109 deg in the freaking shade, windows rolled up puts the temp in the truck a 140 or higher.

I called security right after I hung up with her, they had no record. I have a friend that worked for the hotel in security and told me it was a mandatory for them to call an ambulance and document everything such as her claim. When she got home and I confronted her with it, the story changed to just some guy passing by woke her up.

I think she was gambling and she lied because she knows I hate gambling, I lost 500,000.00 due to a gambler. That is not a typo.

After that it seemed that she would just disappear without leaving a note or calling to tell me what was up. Before she would call me if she had to go to the bathroom. I questioned her trust and that was what caused this whole thing.

I guess I still have a trust issue, and well, I told her I did trust her and that I thought she was gambling and lying about it but we would work through it because that is what couples do. This was voice mail, she calls when she wants.

BTW, she will be back, I'm 90% sure. I told her to bring the ring back and come and get all of her crap. She was floored and said "that is not what I wanted. I wanted you trust me and learn a lesson".

BTW, I did learn a lesson. When she comes back, I will stick a hidden GPS tracking system on her truck.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

So ladies and gentlemen, what should it be, what should I work on? Some heavy metal? What kind of stuff would you play to keep your mind off this?

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

Welcome back sid, man that sucks, i would probably play the loudest most aggressive stuff i could come up with

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome back sid, man that sucks, i would probably play the loudest most aggressive stuff i could come up with

I think I'd be playing the blues. Enough material there for an album! Sorry to hear about your troubles Sid.

I know love's a powerful emotion, and this is your fiancee we're talking about, but a gambler with a drug habit who's also a proven liar? Doesn't augur well for the future to me....but whatever you decide to do, I hope your fortunes take a turn for the better.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

...a gambler with a drug habit who's also a proven liar? Doesn't augur well for the future to me....

Then again, the same could describe a lot of my favorite musicians at one point in time! :)

Really sorry to read of your troubles, Sid, and I doubt anything I could say would help. But, like someone said, time heals all and I'm sure you'll get through it.

I'd be playing whatever the heck I felt like - forget about genres! Take it easy,

-- Voidious

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

WELL SAID!!!!

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4