Long time, no see

51 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

WELL SAID!!!!

Your avatar seems to be my freakin hero right now.

Jimmy!!!! Blast that Heartbreaker!

Vic, my friend, I used to smoke pot. Ain't no big deal to me. That's not going to turn her.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

OK, if your heart was just torn out of your chest and you wanted to bury yourself in playing, what songs would you learn or play?

Speak out, everyone has been hurt.

holy crap, I have just deja vue this post. I can't seem to find the outcome.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

Ok sid try this one guns-n-roses---- I use to love her

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Sorry about your sad story, Sid.

Write about your feelings and how this has effected you. I bet you'll kick out some serious ballads.

Hope the fog clears for you soon!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

butterfly effect- gone

itl make you feel bad though...

really recomment this one: live version of 'rootless tree' damien rice (great great angry song, just trust me)

fightstar - paint your target

flyleaf - so i thought

killswitch engage - the end of heartache

hoobastank - running away

something for kate - light at the end of the tunnel

crossfade - cold

alterbridge - in loving memory (will make you cry :S )

thrice - red sky

faktion - take it all away

try and get them...

harry

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Sid,

I had a similar situation with my girlfriend at the same time I started playing guitar. She left me after living together for 5 years and moved down south.

She ended up meeting another guy blah blah blah. Anyway I found this very simple song by a band called Shellac, it's called "Prayer to God" and I just cranked my amp up and played that for days. Matter of fact I still do.

It's not for the faint of heart as it has some f word lyrics but man that helped me get the pain out. Plus It's such an easy song to play I could sing along at the top of my lungs.

I still have a dream of playing that out someday just to freak people out. I saw Shellac in NYC a couple years ago and they played that as their last song and everyone went nuts. It's a song everyone can relate to.

Hang in there buddy, there probably will be alot of down times but it'll get better I promise.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

That really does suck :cry:

Do you want a sad song? Try "Don't Cry" by G'n'R

An angry song? I'll have to get back to you on that

A "moving on" song? Try "Good Times Bad Times" by Led Zeppelin. Or "Live and Let Die".

Ethan

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

I would lose myself in every hard rocking song I'd ever heard . Here's a few ...

Neon Knights - Black Sabbath
Great White Buffalo , Just What the Doctor Ordered- Ted Nugent
Green Grass and High Tides - the Outlaws
Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin
I Like to Rock- April Wine
Bad Motor Scooter , Space Station #5 - Montrose
White Punks on Dope - the Tubes
Fool for the City - Foghat
Train , Train - Blackfoot
Kick It Out - Heart
I Wanna Be Sedated - the Ramones
Highway Star - Deep Purple
Hocus Pocus by Focus

And now for some unsolicited advice . GET OVER HER! I went down the foolish road of repeated reconciliations and it was like picking the pick the scab off a really deep wound every time I did . Time will heal you but not if you keep re-opening the wound .
There are decent , trustworthy women out there looking for a decent , trustworthy man . Don't allow yourself to be a safe haven for whenever she needs one . You will only delay the inevitable if you continue to be her doormat . You say you have a trust issue but the truth is : trust is earned , not freely given . Do something to destroy trust and it takes even longer to regain . Move on . Enjoy your newfound freedom . Learn from your mistake and don't repeat it . Life is not over because one person doesn't love you anymore . At some time in 2006 the world population reached 6,500,000,000 . Over half are women !! So little time ...

P.S. I know you hurt right now . It WILL fade . Take care of yourself and get closer to friends and family . They are your support group . Peace be with you , Sid !

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Welcome back sid, man that sucks, i would probably play the loudest most aggressive stuff i could come up with

I think I'd be playing the blues. Enough material there for an album! Sorry to hear about your troubles Sid.

I know love's a powerful emotion, and this is your fiancee we're talking about, but a gambler with a drug habit who's also a proven liar? Doesn't augur well for the future to me....but whatever you decide to do, I hope your fortunes take a turn for the better.

:D :D :D

Vic

This looks like a Blues album to me as well. Or old lonesome country. But in real life you'll want to stay away from doing anything that could get you on a episode of COPS cause no matter how sad and mad and messed up you feel it's just a few wrong decisions from being that shirtless guy in cuffs explaining yourself to a camera and a couple of police critters. Ya, stay off the angry music.

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

Bob Dylan - Most of the Time
B.B. King - The Thrill Is Gone
Robert Cray - I Forgot To Be Your Lover
Eric Clapton - Reconsider Baby
The Doors - Been Down So Long
Jonny Lang - Wander This World
Neil Young - Long May You Run

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

After that story I'd suggest "Cocaine Blues" by Johnny Cash.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Hey Sid man, I must have missed this thread before. Real sorry to here about you and the missus.

I hope things get better for you quickly man. I'd play some Neil Young, like has already been said, thats good heartbreak music.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Sid,

DO NOT go get a blues crying in your beer type music all that will do is make you sad...you need to get loud aggresive angry music..beleive me

Please please please find the Shellac song I mentioned earlier and listen to the words and crnk it up. You can learn the song in five minutes or less and it WILL help you it's all about relationships gone bad..

Diceman is right you need hard rocking songs not those other Thrill is gone crap, that stuff will kill you at a time like this.

Sorry clockworked and Sgin and gadlaw, those are exactly the type he SHOULDN'T listen to!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

cnev, I'm not saying you're wrong, as it's just a difference of opinion; but *my* opinion is there's nothing wrong with being sad when it's appropriate.

Reminds me of something the Tao Teh Ching says: "What there is to be shrunken is first stretched out, what there is to be weakened is first made strong." I.e., if you simply let things move as they are, they will naturally reach an extreme and come back the other way. Or in the words of Kramer, fixing the pain in Elaine's neck, "From pain will come pleasure." ;)

-- Voidious

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I don't think any of us need to get too heated up over what kind of music someone else should listen to or play in a sad situation. He's had some suggestions. He can make his own choice.

But as for the concern about possibly ending up in a suicidal state as before? Man, I'd recommend some counseling.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4