Long time, no see

51 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Ric

Of course you are right! I didn't mean to sound like I was knocking their choices which I'm sure that's how it came across.

I apologize.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

But as for the concern about possibly ending up in a suicidal state as before? Man, I'd recommend some counseling.

I agree, counselling is really nothing to be afraid/worried about, it can really help, and sometimes it just feels good to be able to just sit back and be able to vent to someone who will listen and give you advice.

Anyways, hang in there, we all go through rough patches and we all get through it in time!

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Sid

Sorry to hear about your breakup, can't give you any suggestions on what songs to play. But guitar is always there to comfort you in bad times.

As far as your fiancee, all I can speak is from my own experiences. Seems like we always overlook serious issues with another person when we are in love. We say it is OK and we can live with it, or that they will change.

But you know better. These issues always come back later. And once you are married you are stuck with these issues.

So, take your time and think carefully. Yes, your heart is broken and it hurts. It hurts a lot. But broken hearts mend in time. You will feel better again. Don't get yourself stuck in a relationship you will regret later. You could end up losing lots of money again, maybe your home. You don't need those kinds of problems.

Good luck and keep playing that guitar.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@gadlaw)
Reputable Member

Sid,

I had a similar situation with my girlfriend at the same time I started playing guitar. She left me after living together for 5 years and moved down south.

She ended up meeting another guy blah blah blah. Anyway I found this very simple song by a band called Shellac, it's called "Prayer to God" and I just cranked my amp up and played that for days. Matter of fact I still do.

It's not for the faint of heart as it has some f word lyrics but man that helped me get the pain out. Plus It's such an easy song to play I could sing along at the top of my lungs.

I still have a dream of playing that out someday just to freak people out. I saw Shellac in NYC a couple years ago and they played that as their last song and everyone went nuts. It's a song everyone can relate to.

Hang in there buddy, there probably will be alot of down times but it'll get better I promise.

Holy crap. I just youtubed that song. Very hardcore and with an evil theme. That's the kind of thing that'll get the cops called on you especially if you're psychotically playing it days on end. Careful out there please.

Enjoy your karma, after all you earned it.
http://www.gadlaw.com

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well guys, she surprised me Saturday morning at 3:00am when I awoke she was next to me telling how much she missed and loved me. Trust is something I have lost in her and she will have to work hard to regain it. She is sticking to her story 100% but will not give me anyway prove its validity.

Fact is, I caught her in many lies.

I think she is still in love with her ex, I think she saw an opportunity to get back together with him one more time and took it. I think he is in love with his ex before her. He is a main line meth user. I think after a week of being used like a piece of crap and him dumping her because his other girlfriend came into town she realized that he wasn't going to take her back. I think she realized that she had just screwed up the best thing that ever happened to her(me).

I let her come back. I will give her that second chance, without any trust of course,

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Well, can you get any more confused or screwed up?

Man, take it slow this time. Good luck and I hope things work out for both of you.

BTW (off topic), I remember when you were called Fumble Fingers.....LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Neil young is one of her favorites, I would never play his stuff for her hurting me.

Gotta keep it angry. That's why I chose Zeppelins Heartbreaker. The last time I was hurt this bad it was Megadeth and Metallica type stuff. I did put the all the good Axe's in there case last week and broke out the two that I didn't care if I pitched them out in the parking lot from my balcony on the second floor.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well, can you get any more confused or screwed up?

Man, take it slow this time. Good luck and I hope things work out for both of you.

BTW (off topic), I remember when you were called Fumble Fingers.....LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

That name still applies.

I guess a good thing about this one is she makes me play at least 30 min everyday

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Cool, I just found a Youtube video that shows how he bends that C note on the G string up 2 whole notes. The dude bent it behind the nut. I was thinking man how could you bend that sucka with your pinkie.

Way cool. I'm gonna ignore that bend for a while and get the rest of the solo down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDgTOTijZLk

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

*sigh*I really hesitated to write this, as I'm not fond of strangers giving strangers over the internet personal advice of this nature. I wasn't going to say anything, but seeing as though you do have a child involved....

Meth is nasty, nasty, nasty, nasty, stuff, Sid. I can't think of a drug that can do more devastation in so many ways than meth. Seriously, if you even think this woman may be involved in that in any way, you need to seriously reconsider having her in your life. And I know you say her ex uses, but she doesn't, but the thing is, you don't really know that, especially since you say you can't trust her. And it's easy for someone who's around it to get sucked into it. This just sounds like a very harmful situation to me. It's not worth it, especially with your daughter involved.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

There are millions of women out there so there's no reason to settle for one with many problems. Also, I have to ask: how did a girlfriend or wife take half a million dollars from you? After about $10,000 I would have dropped her from my checking/savings account.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

There are millions of women out there so there's no reason to settle for one with many problems. Also, I have to ask: how did a girlfriend or wife take half a million dollars from you? After about $10,000 I would have dropped her from my checking/savings account.

Lost my 401K 150,000.00 and 350,000.00 equity in my house that was foreclosed on.

Well the roller coaster ride is still playing in my mind. I have been kind of cold to her and another piece of my heart has turned to stone. I will see what transpires in the next few days to weeks. She has done as much damage as she can do, it can only get better or over at this point.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I think I'd have a heart attack after a woman took a half million. Oh my head hurts... :shock: :evil:

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Wouldn't be hard for a gambler in Vegas to lose that much. Wouldn't take long, either.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

The continuation and the end of the saga.

I was being played like I was Paul Gilberts guitar. Turns out while she screwed up I blew it as well. I called my source today to find out what really happened. He said that he had proof positive her and the ex were shacked up. I blew a gasket. I called her on the phone and told her to put the engagement ring and the house keys on the kitchen counter and pack up and leave, then hung up(I was at work). She called back after a few minute but I let it just go into voice mail. "Please repeat what you just said, I don't think I heard what you said". I didn't call her back. 15 minutes later her ex calls me, says she has just called him at work. Basically he said he hadn't seen her in 3 weeks and that he couldn't stand to even be in the same room with her. Basically the guy was on the up and up.

It dawned on me what happened. This source of mine was arrested a while back and they accused her of calling the cops on them. It was done in revenge. I had been played.

Needless to say guys, I'm still PO'ed at her for taking off and well, I'm in the dog house with her as well. We have some working out to do but it will only make us better.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4