looking for a song idea

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

anyone have any ideas?

i'm looking for a new song to learn. my favorite song right now to play is blackbird. it's so much fun! i'd like something like that. by that i mean, something a little hard but not too hard, all over the fretboard, fingerpicked, fun, sounding good, recognizable....any ideas?

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

How about "Tears in Heaven" by Clapton or "Hotel California" by The Eagles?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Try 'Stand by Me' , by John Lennon.Awesome song.Its a lot of fun to play and sing too.:wink:

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Check out the "Easy Songs Database" - right here on this site

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

i'm looking for something a bit harder than and Easy Song. I know some of them anyway.

In the Intermediate Songs, The Needle and the Damage Done was at the right technical level for me but I don't find it so fun to play. Another song i like to play is the old folk song called Freight Train.

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Try 'Stand by Me' , by John Lennon.Awesome song.Its a lot of fun to play and sing too.:wink: Stand by Me is by Ben E. King, Lennon covered it but did not write it. He has enough songwriting credits of his own, without attributing other peoples work to him.

As for a new song, if you liked Blackbird give Here Comes the Sun a try, fun fingerpicking and not to easy but not impossible with a bit of work

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

As for a new song, if you liked Blackbird give Here Comes the Sun a try, fun fingerpicking and not to easy but not impossible with a bit of workAs a bonus, Here comes the sun is the only song you need to learn before you can busk - no busker ever plays anything else :lol:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

i've tried here comes the sun before. it was too hard but i may be up to it now. as for busking, i don't know what that is.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

as for busking, i don't know what that is.

Playing on a street corner with an open case.

ReplyQuote