Notifications
Clear all

Looking for Band Names?

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@axe_junkie33)
Topic starter  

I recently discovered that the bible has helped alot of rock bands find good names. Thats right the BIBLE. Just read a bit of the old testament and your guarrenteed to find a good name. Even if it is the name of a book like Genesis. And if you dont belive me, look at the book of Genesis, chaper 4, verse 24-25. Would you like to know what it says? Avenged Sevenfold. If that doesnt help you(I highly doubt it)then look for band names where you least expect it. They usually come to you when you are sitting on the can.

how do you spell illiterate?

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

You might start here.

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=7560

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@cbones)
Eminent Member

well, if you think about bugs, for instance, beatles are pretty ugly and usually not desirable. Yet there is a band by that name that is known by some. So how about things that are undesirable. I always like Dirty Toilet! You know, like the ones @ truck stops. And if you read the other thread sequels to movies are always big hits so just add a II behind a well known band. My example was Metallica II, better then the original. How about Tool II. HELL, Maybe they would let you open for them?

These are the best ideas I've ever heard of!

ReplyQuote
(@telemarker)
Trusted Member

Truck Stop Toilet - that's the name of my next band, for sure.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

And if you read the other thread sequels to movies are always big hits so just add a II behind a well known band

Well Known Band

sounds good to me!

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Start a band name game ?

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Start a band name game ?

This isn't the "Games & Trivia" forum, and there already is a "Band Name Game" in the G&T forum:
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=18900

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@the-sammy-brew-band)
Eminent Member

i always state never use a band name that is in a snetence format or somthing that sounds like a song.

ex. Alice in Chains(good band, but im not so proud of ther name)
3 doors down
teenage gigamites rambush

Some of the best band names in my oppion are names that are orignal and to the point.

Ex.

Kiss
carcase(sp ck)
tool

I named my band being a phycodelic band an name that has no real meaning more like a persons name
"Sammy Brew", Nobody knows what that is it sounds like a old rare baseball card. names like that and pink floyd and linyard skynard never go wrong. 8)

Words be simple, Words be quick, Words resemble walking sticks, Plant them, They will grow, Watch them waver so, I'll always be a word man better than a bird man, I can fly high but I stay in the same sky, For only I Know whats beyond.

ReplyQuote
(@chris_skilton)
Trusted Member

I thought that if you found your favourite rock band name or something like that and add an interstin word onto it for e.g
beatles hell good hey. Or you could even think of a place like a desert or the oceon and then think of a cool animal for e.g
the Desert Rats or the Pacific Lions. 8) and then you should come up with a cool band name.

Woot Woot!!

ReplyQuote